Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League - Final match-day thread. Man City crowned Champions.

Comments

• Options
    Citeh had 44 shots against QPR that must be a record!?!?
    35 according to BBC
    Skysports have it as 44

15 On
    10 Off
    19 Blocked

It must be a conspiracy.
    Must be.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there is any footage of the last two city goals as reported by Jeff Stelling and co?
  • Options
    Am praying that the BBC had a camera on Ferguson when that goal went in. Can't wait to see his reaction on MOTD tonight.
    ferguson and jones when they heard city scored lol
  • Options
    Am praying that the BBC had a camera on Ferguson when that goal went in. Can't wait to see his reaction on MOTD tonight.
    ferguson and jones when they heard city scored lol

Ah that satisfied me ;)
  • Options
    That was unbelievable! I honestly don't think I have seen anything like it in 20 years of being a Football fan.

Talk about the amount of money they've spent all you want, but today was a victory for proper supporters over arm-chair plastics.
  • Options
    Didn't BedFred pay out on Man U a few weeks ago ?
  • Options
    Yep half a million! The wally who owns them (Fred) is a utd fan....and not a very good businessman by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    And MotD 'called it'. Always daft when they still had each other to play.
  • Options
    The best finish to Division One since 1989 but not better. And that's coming from someone who can't stand Arsenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Classic Joey Barton tweet - Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

That will go down well with the FA. Donut.
  • Options
    Classic Joey Barton tweet - Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

That will go down well with the FA. Donut.
    I rate Barton, but he really doesn't help himself when he has silly days like today and he really should keep away from twitter.
  • Options
    Can't stand Barton, hope he gets what he deserves from the management at QPR and the FA.

10 game ban would be nice.
  • Options
    The best finish to Division One since 1989 but not better. And that's coming from someone who can't stand Arsenal.
    Absolutely agree.
    It was a bit strange that Neville, Souness and Jamie Redknapp kept saying it was the best finish to a season 'ever', with not one of them even making reference to '89 (unless I missed that!). I couldn't help thinking that it was a classic case of Sky pushing the idea that football didn't exist until they came along. Pretty crass if that was the case today because you can't just ignore the '89 finish - it was Roy of the Rovers stuff (far more than today.)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Brilliant. Elbows one, knees another, tries to headbutt a third... doesn't think it's a sending off.

I just wish they'd not stopped him fighting Balotelli, see if Mario would go crazy and give him a good hiding.

Wish they'd gone down.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree.
    It was a bit strange that Neville, Souness and Jamie Redknapp kept saying it was the best finish to a season 'ever', with not one of them even making reference to '89 (unless I missed that!). I couldn't help thinking that it was a classic case of Sky pushing the idea that football didn't exist until they came along. Pretty crass if that was the case today because you can't just ignore the '89 finish - it was Roy of the Rovers stuff (far more than today.)
    89 was before the Prem, so it doesn't count.
  • Options
    youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=eJqd7c8xlZ4

This is the best video I've found on YouTube. You can watch all the last five minutes here.

I'm so happy for the Man City fans. Look out for the guy who bangs his seat in frustration at 2-2 and then his celebration at 3-2.
    From '4.12' on the video focus on one fan and watch their celebration to the winner. Absolutely brilliant. How anyone could have wanted Man United to win it again is beyond me. It simply means so so so much more to those City fans. I've been feeling happy all evening for them.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree.
    Er, yeah, cheers Lawrie, that was kind of my point!
    :-)
  • Options
    I still haven't forgiven man city for denying us the title in 36-37!
  • Options
    Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but a relatively small number of city fans left before the end. I'm sure they are still having a great evening, but missing out on that level of once in a lifetime orgasmic delight takes some beating. Whatever they win now that single moment that never be repeated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    27 years ago this weekend Man City won promotion to the top flight beating Charlton 5-1
    this was before Sky/Premiership turned football trendy and attendances were very small back then we prolly averaged 5-6k at home in the 2nd tier
    the attendance that day a monster 47,285 (200 Addicks)

todays attendance 47,435 (3k qpr)

• Options
    Blimey, was that 27 yrs ago? Me and Mrs Molloy were there - trains were diabolical, got there at half time and the game was already over. Got a feeling one or both Kimble brothers played in that game. God I feel old.
  • Options
    both kimbles played that day

i remember our numbers swelling (lol) as the latecomers arrived

with city surrounding us from 3 sides in that little pen , it was prolly for the best we lost that day!

• Options
    Better extend the CoMS then
  • Options
    Absolutely agree.
    Er, yeah, cheers Lawrie, that was kind of my point!
    :-)
    I know, but it's something that really winds me up. On Talksport today they said that Everton finished above Liverpool for the second time in history. So many stats they trot out just relate to the last 20 years.
  • Options
    27 years ago this weekend Man City won promotion to the top flight beating Charlton 5-1
    this was before Sky/Premiership turned football trendy and attendances were very small back then we prolly averaged 5-6k at home in the 2nd tier
    the attendance that day a monster 47,285 (200 Addicks)

todays attendance 47,435 (3k qpr)

I was there too. We were completely annihilated that day, but the atmosphere and scenes at Maine Road were amazing with so many people in the ground.
  • Options
  • Options
    youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=eJqd7c8xlZ4

This is the best video I've found on YouTube. You can watch all the last five minutes here.

I'm so happy for the Man City fans. Look out for the guy who bangs his seat in frustration at 2-2 and then his celebration at 3-2.
    From '4.12' on the video focus on one fan and watch their celebration to the winner. Absolutely brilliant. How anyone could have wanted Man United to win it again is beyond me. It simply means so so so much more to those City fans. I've been feeling happy all evening for them.
    great video
  • Options
    Amazing scenes in the tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxnPl8A4rY

Anyone recognise the bloke at 15:31 that walks back down the tunnel?Sure he used to pitch announce at the valley years ago.
  • Options
    Is it just me or does the guy who walks in front of Mark Hughes look a bit like Colin Walsh?

Nice to see Niall Quinn has got bored of Sunderland and jumped on the Citeh band-wagon.

Strange they didn't show Joey Barton getting dragged down the tunnel kicking and screaming............................