Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Gartside

Phil, do you still think no promotion to the Premier League is a good idea ?

Comments

• Got his 39th game as well.

And a 40th, 41st, 42nd...
  • LOL, forgot about that.
  • Mind you, he probably thinks he was onto something with the idea of no relegation!
  • Got his 39th game as well.

And a 40th, 41st, 42nd...
    LOL! Very good.
  • Bizarre thing is; most people wouldn't put Bolton in the top 40 clubs (38 with the jocks) in England.
  • Made me laugh.
  • My mate is a Burnley fan and he's absolutely made up - (Blackburn down and Owen Coyle's team down)

He's like a dog with two dicks at the moment.
  • Maybe a two tier premier league could exist but deffo not a closed two tier system. Same promotion and relegation rules should apply.
  • Football is great the way it is why change a thing , bolton and gartside have 1 shot to come straight back or become the season after nexts charlton and Sheffield utd

Huge debt

11 players out of contract , those that ain't on huge money on long term deals , I hope their youth team is full ready to step up or that there is a new owner in the wings

Parachutes required because they could plummet as quick as us

• Sponsored links:

• Things aint looking too rosey for them I don't think. Can see them really struggling next season...................
  • Obviously football isn't doing that great if a single relegation threatens the existence of a football club. Funny how we accept this as the norm especially as we have only recently dodged the administration / liquidation bullet ourselves.
  • edited May 2012
    My mate is a Burnley fan and he's absolutely made up - (Blackburn down and Owen Coyle's team down)

He's like a dog with two dicks at the moment.
    Now thats a "Britains got talent dog " if ever there was One.

• Maybe a two tier premier league could exist but deffo not a closed two tier system. Same promotion and relegation rules should apply.
    I don't get what a two tier premier league means, surely the second tier would just be the championship ?
  • A two tier premiership would be marketed a a single product. It would only have 38 or 40 teams, little to no relegation/promotion to the football league below, and importantly from money men's point of view, little to no cash flowing down the pyramid, allowing those 38/40 teams to not only enrich themselves, but also get rid of the chance of what happened to us, shef utd/wed, leicester, southampton, etc. i.e falling two leagues and going for 50m to 500k tv money in 2 years.

It would essentially guarantee the future of those within this new league, whilst condemning those outside to part-time status and little to no prospect of ever breaking into the closed shop.