Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donald "Duck" Dunn RIP

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/booker-t-and-mgs-bassist-donald-dunn-830480

Bass player in Booker T and the MGs who played on most the classic Stax records from the 60s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7QSMyz5rg

Comments

• Options
    rip

was he in the blues brothers too?
  • Options
    If I remember rightly, he was the one with the pipe who uttered the immortal line:
    "If the shit fits, wear it".

Is that right?

RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    If I remember rightly, he was the one with the pipe who uttered the immortal line:
    "If the shit fits, wear it".

Is that right?

RIP

Yes you are right your Lordship.

He also said 'Life is a bowl of fuck'

Brilliant player and mad as.

RIP

• Options
    Saw him playing with Eric Claption in '84. Great bass player.
  • Options
    RIP. In my favourite film of all time,The Blues Brothers
  • Options
    Legend - RIP
  • Options
    Booker T and the MGs .. only Booker T and Steve Cropper are left .. RIP DDD
  • Options

Saw him a couple of times with different bands. Great bass player. And I love the Blues Brothers as well.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A true legend. I feel a bit ashamed to bring up the Blues Brothers first, but it was after all a classic film. I think I'm over 70 viewings of that one. Donald "Duck" Dunn... "We had a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline."

One of those musicians who quietly contributed so much to music, without casual observers having any idea.
  • Options
    RIP. Another great talent gone. :-(
  • Options
    That really is sad. RIP DDD.
  • Options
    Absolute legend who played on so many classic songs. Will be greatly missed.

RIP Funk Soul Brother.
  • Options

Someone showed me a list of albums he had played on today, it ran to four sides of A4. And, an awful lot of them were classics. RIP?
  • Options
    RIP Duck.

Played with so many legends including my hero Neil Young. Sad as he can't have been too old either.

Booker T and Steve Cropper still playing and going strong.