Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

56 Up

Anyone else watch it last night?

Fascinating seeing how the children from 7 up, etc, etc have grown. Good to see that at least one of those who refused to do the show at 35, 42 and 49 has return even if it was to plug his band.

Comments

• Options
    Always like this programme. Makes me feel old, I remember watching 42up in my first flat with the wife in Rotherhithe 14 years ago.

The Lib Dem fella was a bit strange
  • Options
    Watched 7,14 and 21 up at school in the mid 80s as part of social studies.
    The 'purple person' comment sticks in my mind.
  • Options
    Only realised it was on when I was flicking through last night and put it on record.
  • Options
    Yes, we nearly missed it too but glad we didn't, very interesting programme. No doubt 63 will come round very quickly but will still be 10 years ahead of them (I hope!)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Excellant programme ,I have followed it since 28 up.

The first woman Sue has done extremely well moving from part time bank cashier to head of admissions at a London University where she described herself as Marge in charge . Paul who moved to Australia seems to have led a good life and is contented. The Lib Dem fella Neil although a bit strange has actually turned out to have had a better life than I would have predicted in earlier episodes .The last one Peter who featured last night as Henry said refused to be in the other episodes because the Daily Mail had run a nasty story about him after 28up because he was a left wing teacher and he didn't want the negative publicity.It is ironic that he has used this episode to promote his band ,good luck to him.

I'm paticularly looking forward to seeing Tony the London Cabbie who was briefly a jockey and Bruce the Teacher who became a Missionary in Bangladesh.
  • Options
    The london cabbie who was briefly a jockey is a family friend , he loves it !
  • Options
    I remember first watching when it was 28up and dad getting in a bit of a state about the chirpy scouser who turned into a homeles depressive (Neil?). I still feel a bit sad when I see him. The woman who manages the law courses at London Uni seems like a bit of a legend. Very happy for her. I also like the bloke who is now an Aussie, mainly so you can trace the development of his massive moustache through the years.