Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huntington Beach, California

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
Anyone been here and if so, any tips for a reasonably priced, but clean/convenient hotel to stay at? Thnx

Comments

• Options
    What a great place went there in 1999 the surf is blinding and a great cafe there where the waitresses are proper Californian girls. From what I can remember the better place to stay is Newport Beach.

Have a great trip
  • Options
    My famiy have a home in Laguna Beach - 20 mins south of Newport Beach which as fatrob says is just down the coast. I would suggest it is the best place - and Balboa Island in particular is lovely. Think the cafe referred to is probably Ruby's on the end of the pier - worked there for a summer job when I was a lot younger.

Hotels tend to either be nice (but expensive) such as the Hyatt Regency (though they do deals sometimes) or the chain variety such as the Best Westerns etc (nothing wrong with it from what I understand - just like a travelodge).

Best weather is fall/ early winter with lots of sunny days and temps in the low 20s. Sometimes in the May / June period it can be foggy until mid afternoon but blazing sunshine and high 20s 2 blocks from the beach.

Make sure you go to Laguna though.
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses, will look at those resorts too now, sounds great!
  • Options
    The cafe was on the main road up to Newport Beach