Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend v Crewe

At present Crewe are running Southend ragged. One lovely goal and THE miss of the season when a Crewe man blazed (in this case blazed IS the word) over an open goal from ten yards with the keeper out of the picture. If that had gone in the game would be over.
According to 5Live, the Crewe team contains nine who have come through the youth system to the first team, remarkable even for a fourth strata club. Dario Gradi must be one of the best ever coaches of young players.
Is this going to be another instance where the team that just makes the play offs goes on to get promotion ?
Crewe do look good.

Comments

• Plenty of endeavour but, not surprisingly, a lack of quality. In the end Crewe have justified their playoff final place. I have seen that Southend's Mohsin was described by Paul Sturrock, (his own manager!!!) as a walking foul because of his tendency to get sent off. He lasted the whole game but really didn't trouble Crewe. Gradi yet again shows what he can produce.
  • Thought the Crewe youngsters looked very good technically. Would definitely want SCP to sign Nick Powell and Leitch-Smith for the future, they look like future stars. Leitch-smiths finish was quality.
  • Watched crewe at crawley a few weeks ago and their no.11Moore stood out a mile a good left winger is he playing tonight?
  • Watched crewe at crawley a few weeks ago and their no.11Moore stood out a mile a good left winger is he playing tonight?
    I think that he was the person who Lincsaddick appropriately assessed to have had "the miss of the season". Well he was certainly called Moore unless they have two. Apart from that he seemed decent but I think the pressure got to him.
  • Thought the Crewe youngsters looked very good technically. Would definitely want SCP to sign Nick Powell and Leitch-Smith for the future, they look like future stars. Leitch-smiths finish was quality.
    Nick Powell looks like he's off to the Premier League but I agree Leitch-Smith looked very useful