Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Halfords Advert

Just seen this. Probably my new favourite advert.

http://youtu.be/4qrCRPnqlms

Comments

• Options
    Don't know if that worked so here's the link

http://youtu.be/4qrCRPnqlms
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    one of the best tunes we got to be associated with us!
  • Options
    Ha. Recently told my younger colleagues about the old card in the spokes ploy. They will at least know that I wasn't the only nutter kid at the time.
  • Options
    love it
  • Options
    Pretty good but the Harvey & Rabbit advert out at present is a bit good too.

• Options
    Is one family northern?
  • Options
    love the family behind the windbreak on the beach hiding from the wind / stand storm. Got that t-shirt!
  • Options
    love the family behind the windbreak on the beach hiding from the wind / stand storm. Got that t-shirt!
    Yep, we've all been there...
  • Options
    what is the song called?
  • Options
    Wasn't it something to do with a Liverpudlian in Scotland?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what is the song called?
    Into The Valley by The Skids. Great tune.
  • Options
    An interview with Richard Jobson:
    http://www.pennyblackmusic.co.uk/MagSitePages/Article.aspx?id=5037

"It was, however, ‘Into the Valley’, which the then 18 year old Jobson had written about a friend who had been recruited into the British Army and killed on tour of duty in Northern Ireland, which went into the Top 10 and brought the Skids to public prominence."

I also seem to recall another story that it described going through an area of Dunfermline which was called something like the "Valley" which had a reputation for gang violence.
  • Options
    Why does Dunfermline always make me think of something you rub on aching muscles??
  • Options

Sorry, my reference was to the other Valley song! Just being a nonce ;-)
  • Options
    Great tune, rubbish advert. It was on TV just now and I asked Mrs Lout to guess what they were advertising - no chance. Whoever came up with that wants firing (IMHO).
  • Options
    Quite agree, Saga - could be for 101 things! All very atmospheric/ nostalgic, but don't see it selling a single thing for Halfords. My guess is that the ad agency had already developed it for someone else, but it didn't get the go-ahead so they just changed the end-frame and pitched it to Halfords...
  • Options
    Great tune, rubbish advert. It was on TV just now and I asked Mrs Lout to guess what they were advertising - no chance. Whoever came up with that wants firing (IMHO).
    Disagree - it works cos we are all talking about it!
  • Options
    Is the song still the entrance theme for the players? Cant really remember now
  • Options
    Is the song still the entrance theme for the players? Cant really remember now
    No and never had been. Has been Red, Red Robin for as long as I can remember (and long may that remain.

• Options

No and never had been. Has been Red, Red Robin for as long as I can remember (and long may that remain.

My fault, I remember it is usally played for warm up but of course its Red Robin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why does Dunfermline always make me think of something you rub on aching muscles??
    Because you heard Billy Connolly do a joke about that very thing.