Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

EURO 2012 SHIRTS.

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Just a call for help here. After visiting 3 different sports stores today i still been unable to find the irish shirt for this years tourney. Has anyone seen them. I seem to have found every other shirt but this one.

Comments

• Options
    I dont really like the home strip the away isn't to bad but the home is horrible....and I really don't see why they need to have the big advertisement on the front no other internationals do!!!
  • Options
    That home strip is terrible
  • Options
    Shame that they had a sponsor, especially one which they can't pronounce properly.
  • Options
    in fairness neither can alot of english people...alot of the time "Three" becomes "Free"
  • Options
    Shame that they had a sponsor, especially one which they can't pronounce properly.
    It's ideal if you're a left back though.
  • Options
    I dont really like the home strip the away isn't to bad but the home is horrible....and I really don't see why they need to have the big advertisement on the front no other internationals do!!!
    FAI are desperate for a quickbook whenever possible, would have thought that there would be regulations of somekind to prevent sponsors on the front. Can't remember the last time we had a decent home kit.
  • Options
    It's poppies you aren't allowed to display
  • Options
    Hang on, international shirts aren't allowed sponsors... why has this got one!?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cause it not the shirt that the players wear, it's a replica shirt to sell to the public.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Then it's not a replica, is it?

I've never heard of a replica shirt having a sponsor that the real shirt doesn't have! I hope this isn't a growing trend!?
  • Options

I've never heard of a replica shirt having a sponsor that the real shirt doesn't have! I hope this isn't a growing trend!?
    It's been the case for ages.
  • Options
    Have noticed a few sites now offering shirts without the sponsor on. Personally, that would be great for me with the Irish top as I have a long-running dispute with those lovely people from "3" and wouldn't want any association with them at all.

As for the kit...pretty awful and much prefer the matchday/media top, which brings back a few memories of Italia 90 :)

http://www.faishop.com/product/EURO2012MATCHDAY2012/Euro2012MatchDay/MATCHDAYMEDIATRAININGJERSEY
  • Options

Only with Irish shirts.
    Have noticed a few sites now offering shirts without the sponsor on. Personally, that would be great for me with the Irish top as I have a long-running dispute with those lovely people from "3" and wouldn't want any association with them at all.

As for the kit...pretty awful and much prefer the matchday/media top, which brings back a few memories of Italia 90 :)

http://www.faishop.com/product/EURO2012MATCHDAY2012/Euro2012MatchDay/MATCHDAYMEDIATRAININGJERSEY
    I had an Italia 90 kit when i was like 5 years old, great kit. Better memories.

• Options
    I'm a wee bit older sibs...took a while to get the Guinness out of the shirt after the O'Leary penalty against Romania!! ;-)
  • Options
    It was my earliest memory of an Irish game, although I can only really remember Bonner saving the penalty.
  • Options
    International teams are allowed sponsor on their shirt for exhibition or friendly games (including the competition with Wales, NI & Scotland), they arne't allowed to wear sponsors in tournament games (including qualifiers). The FA have decided that they aren't going to include sponsors on the teams shirts, I think this comes down to 1) tradition 2) we qualifer for most major tournaments. You'll notice that the teams that have sponsors on their kits don't tend to qualify for international competitions all that often. I have a very old Ireland shirt with Eircom on it so it isn't a new development.
  • Options

It's been the case for ages.
    Oh that helps.

On replica shirts of international teams? Or just Ireland?
  • Options
    International teams are allowed sponsor on their shirt for exhibition or friendly games (including the competition with Wales, NI & Scotland), they arne't allowed to wear sponsors in tournament games (including qualifiers). The FA have decided that they aren't going to include sponsors on the teams shirts, I think this comes down to 1) tradition 2) we qualifer for most major tournaments. You'll notice that the teams that have sponsors on their kits don't tend to qualify for international competitions all that often. I have a very old Ireland shirt with Eircom on it so it isn't a new development.
    That makes a lot more sense! Now you mention Eircom I can picture that shirt.