Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

getting a season ticket

2»

Comments

• Options
    Does it really matter if people are so called plastics or not?

Surely people don't have to justify to anybody why they can't for what ever reason attend , doesn't make them less of a fan , the more people that attend the more money for the club , the bigger / better the transfer budget, i can't see what we're arguing / sidetracked about?
  • Options
    Does it really matter if people are so called plastics or not?

Surely people don't have to justify to anybody why they can't for what ever reason attend , doesn't make them less of a fan , the more people that attend the more money for the club , the bigger / better the transfer budget, i can't see what we're arguing / sidetracked about?
    Agree with MIA. The bloke who sits in front of me in the lower north always moans when our crowds are poor saying our support is sh*t, then when we have football for a fiver or any other large crowds he moans about part-time plastics and how he wishes they would just stay away. No pleasing some people !!

• Options
    One game I got up towards my seat ad some bloke was seating in it(had the past seat for 6 seasons) told him he was seating in my seat and he just looked at me with a blank face so I told him again and he moved over to the next seat, all during the game he was talking crap about the premiership years and how bad charlton were to his mate he also spread out his elbows so I had no room to enjoy the game. When charlton scored I jumped up to celebrate and as doing that elbowed him in the stomach, during the second half he didn't take the piss with the seats and haven't seen him since.
  • Options
    Read the 3rd, 4th and 5th words of my post numb nuts.
    Hmm. And you read the first second third fourth and fifth of mine.
    Have a nice weekend anyway.
    ;0)
  • Options
    Ha ha you too ;-)
  • Options
    Could've of had Sandras seat....but then you'd've been seating next to me......
    ;-(
  • Options
    As a supporter who has kept going through thick and thin, it does still annoy me when other accuse people being worse supporters as them. It's like those who like to sing ALL game- those that don't are automatically rubbish supporters. The truth is, I am happy that people who stopped going are coming back and they should be welcomed, not slagged off. This isn't a supporter of the year competition, it's about everybody getting together to get this club back where it wants to be. It's not about you or me, it's about the club and we should be rejoicing, not scolding.
  • Options
    My dad's bigger than your dad.....
  • Options
    I'm thinking of getting a season ticket this year as people keep sitting i'n my seat and I have to move around most annoying
  • Options
    The "core" support is not too far from what we currently have attending now give or take. This will steadily increase as our on field fortunes improve and decrease when our fortunes wane. It's was ever thus but at least now our core is around 14k and not like it was prior to our Prem exploits. I welcome anyone through The Valley turnstiles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exactly , any fan who comes along good luck to em
    We have a better hardcore atm than the other two sarf london clubs and that could have been pressurised by one more pub league season but thankfully SCP achieved his ONE AIM
    I don't think our home crowds will increase too much this year, away followings will help our attendances
    I don't like the way we have fans plasticking off others just cos we support a less successful team , like we're some sort of superior supporter
    I know plenty of fans of other clubs who can't afford to see em/the grounds are sold out/ they've moved away from where the club is ....well our footy is cheap and not sold out so that excuse doesn't fit for us..... I mean how empty was it for the brentford live cup game , our armchair support must have been out in force that night !

Cat addick 50 in 30 years is a start but let's pick that average up, in my heyday I was doing close to that over two seasons (joke if you're a touchy charlton fan:-) and I hope your passion for the club stays with you and your son forever
  • Options
    I'll tell you what does annoy me though. As a season ticket holder I make a 300 mile round trip every home game so I always leave when it gets to 90 mins so that I can go for a piss and then watch the injury time on the telly outside. This way I beat the queues and most of the traffic as it takes 2 and a half hours to get home as it is. But every single game the two blokes that sit at the end of my row make snidy comments about me leaving early. One day I am going to turn round and poke one of them right in the eye.
  • Options
    I'll tell you what does annoy me though. As a season ticket holder I make a 300 mile round trip every home game so I always leave when it gets to 90 mins so that I can go for a piss and then watch the injury time on the telly outside. This way I beat the queues and most of the traffic as it takes 2 and a half hours to get home as it is. But every single game the two blokes that sit at the end of my row make snidy comments about me leaving early. One day I am going to turn round and poke one of them right in the eye.
    That is dedication!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I disagree....In my opionion the people who have spent all their time and money every weekend following the club home and away (ie the ISaws, FODs etc) up and down the country have been probably better "supporters" of the club than me who did the homes and the odd aways.

I would like to think that I have been a better supporter of the club for continuing to pump cash into the club and attend games to support the team through the bad years than the yuppie who moves into Greenwich and decides to purchase a season ticket when we get back to the Premiership before buggering off again when it goes tits up.

What do you gain out of that over someone who chooses to get a season ticket for next season? Nothing. Does it really matter how dedicated a supporter is? Not really.
  • Options
    If you want a season ticket get one, dont worry about what we think!
  • Options

A fan is a fan in my book. No one has to justify why they do or don't buy a ST to anyone but themselves IMHO.

Remember the parable of the prodigal son who was welcomed back by his father with a feast.

The more the merrier I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbmB9ztRAFs&feature=related

westie456 said:

wow u guys are proper nice people :/

Can't disagree with "Westie456", You Guys ARE proper nice people.
  • Options
    DRF said:

We just need your bank account number and sort code. Thank you please.

http://youtu.be/RMu-6-AWBeQ
  • Options

i feel you Norfolk, my journey's just under 200 but I do it on public transport so like to get off sharpish if I can and there is three fellas who remind me of them old gits in the muppets who always like to mutter something. I'd had enough by Watford and decided to ask them to repeat whatever pearl they all found so funny.....meltorama ensued.