Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rare Charlton Vintage Shirts.....

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Hi
Does anyone know if they produced the 88-89 3rd shirt in yellow (see attached pic). I have the silver and red but struggling to find the yellow...Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Options
    As far as I know, they only ever made them for the playing squad. However, classicfootballshirt.co.uk have been known to have had one once. A very rare shirt indeed.
  • Options
    How much???
  • Options
    That's quite reasonable tbf. If that was a top Premiership club expect it to be at least a 4 figure sum.
  • Options
    I bet that's more than the player got paid that week!
  • Options
    That battleship grey one would be good if you were up to no good, it was like an invisibility cloak when they wore it.
  • Options
    That grey shirt might possibly my first Lottery win purchase.
  • Options
    yeah, not a bad price for a match worn shirt and as Ross states, a top prem team would easily fetch 4 figures.
  • Options
    I think the rarity factor comes in to play too.

However, I paid £40 for my match worn and signed Jason Euell shirt off eBay.
  • Options
    That grey shirt has been on there for ages, and I have a feeling that the site owner allows 3rd parties to list their hurts on his site with no requirements to be met, so it might not still be for sale now.

I was asked to put my rare shirts on there but I never got 'round to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks guys....the yellow one must be around somewhere. My silver one was mine when I was a kid so you'll prob see my son wearing it at the valley with me next season!! I trying to complete a collection so please let me know if anyone has any rare ones up for grabs!! Cheers
  • Options
    Thanks guys....the yellow one must be around somewhere. My silver one was mine when I was a kid so you'll prob see my son wearing it at the valley with me next season!! I trying to complete a collection so please let me know if anyone has any rare ones up for grabs!! Cheers
    I have a white redbus one with a number on the back that was never used as it was produced in case we needed an away kit in the fa cup as you could not wear black in the cup that year, and we had the black redbus le coq number. As we lost to fulham in the third round it was never used, but have no idea what it is worth
  • Options
    Didn't we have the yellow kit as an emergency because the players disliked the grey kit under floodlights. They complained it was hard to pick each other out? Could be wrong but that is my vague recollection.
  • Options
    Anyone know were I can get one with "JONES" on the back?
  • Options
    Didn't we have the yellow kit as an emergency because the players disliked the grey kit under floodlights. They complained it was hard to pick each other out? Could be wrong but that is my vague recollection.

Wasn't that Man Utd, they had a grey kit and used it at the old dell, losing 3-0 at half time they changed their kit at half time. Not sure what the full time score was? Think they lost.
  • Options
    Think it was us too.
  • Options
    The yellow shirt in question deserves iconic status for the 2-2 at Highbury, Steve Mackenzies greatest Charlton moment and all that.
  • Options
    I remeber jonathan pearce commentary on capital gold. i was a youngster and in bed woth my radio. mckenzie through that sandpatch that looks like blackpool beach on a bad day, mckenzie shoots.... goal! out of bed junpong aboit!
  • Options
    In that pic I'm sure they have the 92/93 away and third kit around the wrong way
  • Options
    In that pic I'm sure they have the 92/93 away and third kit around the wrong way
    I'm not sure. I bought the 'away' kit at the time and it was blue. I'm not sure they ever sold the white one, and I was informed at the time that they only sold 45 of the blue one. It only came in XL and it came as a set with the shorts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not sure. I bought the 'away' kit at the time and it was blue. I'm not sure they ever sold the white one, and I was informed at the time that they only sold 45 of the blue one. It only came in XL and it came as a set with the shorts.
    drawing is correct and indeed you had to buy the shirt and shorts together. It was also a darker shade of blue then the one in the drawing.

• Options
    I remeber jonathan pearce commentary on capital gold. i was a youngster and in bed woth my radio. mckenzie through that sandpatch that looks like blackpool beach on a bad day, mckenzie shoots.... goal! out of bed junpong aboit!
    Listened to that game as well. Brilliant memories.

• Options

I remember when my dad bought me an old bob bolder (woolwich admiral) shirt which the club said there was only 30 produced too. Hope this was true rather than a sales technique!!
  • Options
    I had the same memories but for the Leeds utd playoff game.....i was allowed to stay up late that night.......unlucky Melvyn day!!
  • Options
    Or even mervyn!!
  • Options

I have a white redbus one with a number on the back that was never used as it was produced in case we needed an away kit in the fa cup as you could not wear black in the cup that year, and we had the black redbus le coq number. As we lost to fulham in the third round it was never used, but have no idea what it is worth

Was that not the white away shirt anyway? Sorry I'm probably being stupid!!
  • Options
    picture?
    was that not the Ecru shirt?

• Options
    Interesting KHA, the reason I said that was because I had the white shirt but didnt think you could buy the blue one ! It was the season that we started without a sponsor and then got Viglen just before a televised game which remained for the next few years (if you'd bought a shirt before the Viglen deal you could take it down to the old club shop and get the sponsor printed on for free). The white kit was the exact inverse of the home kit, which also led me to think it was more likely to be the away than the home. Do you remember if the blue kit had the "back to the Valley" scroll on it ? Don't think the white one did.
  • Options
    Yes it does.

Based on the size I'm temptied to guess that they were made for the first team but were surplus to requirements so were sold, although that might not be the case at all.
  • Options
    Are you sure it's not the shirt from the following season, the one with the red pattern on the sleeve?