Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

10,000 tickets remain unsold

Blackpool FC have confirmed that they still have in excess of 10,000 tickets for this weekend's play-off Final available, west spam reciveved 39,000 and blackpool 38,000 seems a bit mad to me considering there are thousands on spam fans without tickets.

Comments

• That's shocking, can't believe they've only shifted 28,000 tickets
  • Id buy 1..
  • Why? They only have a population of 140k and probably less than half of those 'support' Blackpool

Unless you are a real fan, why would you be spending a couple of hundred pounds to go to this game, particulalry in the current climate?
  • I'd definitely buy one!
  • I heard WHU tickets were changing hands for £500+.

Who makes these crazy allocation decisions ?
  • I wonder how long it will take for someone to post something about our fans...
  • We wouldn't sell 28,000

;)
  • Surely they all live in london anyway
  • I wonder how long it will take for someone to post something about our fans...
    We wouldn't sell 28,000

;)
    2 minutes! :-)
  • Why? They only have a population of 140k and probably less than half of those 'support' Blackpool

Unless you are a real fan, why would you be spending a couple of hundred pounds to go to this game, particulalry in the current climate?
    This is true, as they do forcast rain over the weekend...............
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard WHU tickets were changing hands for £500+.

50/50 in a final is the fairest thing to do
  • edited May 2012
    I heard WHU tickets were changing hands for £500+.

50/50 in a final is the fairest thing to do

Should probably get your average attendance add another good few thousand.

West ham averaged 31k this season whereas blackpool only 12k on average with 14k being highest. Seems a bit unfair that there will be regular attendees of west ham missing out because Blackpool have been given 26k more tickets than their average attendance!

I know they are having their ground done up so maybe that skews the figures but still seems odd to do it 50/50

In fact i think Oooh ah should apply for the job of cup final ticket allocator! ;-)

• When we got to the final , we had way more than what our fanbase at the time was, I bought 6 tickets for pals and family that hadn't been to a charlton game ever I am glad blackpool will have double their avge support

Because they will win tomorrow
  • How many did Blackpool take in 2010?
  • to split it 50/50 was silly. Blackpool have the catchment area of a poor northern seaside town, WestHam have the vast majority of the catchment area of the most populated and richest county in England.
  • I feel that the 50/50 split is fair. If one team doesn't sell out their share tough, but i don't think the other team should have more than half the neutral ground capacity. if there are empty seats so be it. why should one team have the opportunity to out shout the other in a one off game?
  • Luton have sold more than Blackpool
  • To be fair to Blackpool, if the playoff final in 1998 had been held in Leeds or Manchester, would we have sold 30000 (or whatever it was)...
  • cafctom
    May 18
    How many did Blackpool take in 2010?
    36000 it said in the Football League's statement.
  • Take into account that playoff final gloss and the promised premiership land have probably less impact as they did this only a couple of seasons ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Luton have sold more than Blackpool
    Lots more glory hunters in Luton though
  • Let's be honest, how much would you pay to spend a few hours out of Luton.
  • Let's be honest, how much would you pay to spend a few hours out of Luton.
    You're on a roll this morning mate! ;-)