Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Ince

Comments

• Options
    My thoughts exactly @Garrymanilow.

If Man united came in for him at this stage it would be different, but 20 year old Ince is not proven at PL level and has had, from what I reacall, just one good season at Blackpool.

• Options
    Has it occurred that Blackpool probably have more money than we do given the parachute money and not going silly during their Prem exploits.
  • Options
    I like the sound of Ince and Poyet in midfield for us.
  • Options
    Think Charlton are a more attractive club to play for then Blackpool at the moment for a few reasons. London, Chris Powell (probably has good relations with Paul Ince too), where on the up (consider Norwich, soton double promotion) and we have award winning top quality training facilities, and lets face it we are probably just better for more reasons I cant be bothered to explain.
    This sounds kind of arrogant and something I'd expect to hear from a Wednesday fan if I were to read Owlstalk. We're more attractive than a lot of Championship clubs this summer due to the momentum you talk about but Blackpool is not one of those clubs.
  • Options
    Also, lots of footballers would leap at the chance to work with Ian Holloway
  • Options
    Didn't mean to come out as arrogant although I accept it might look that way.

More honest pride. If your going for the quality players with other possibly better options to consider, you have to sell yourself.
  • Options
    Has it occurred that Blackpool probably have more money than we do given the parachute money and not going silly during their Prem exploits.
    They do have more money but it does not neccesarily get spent on players wages or transfer fees....I think, for legal reasons, its best to leave it at that!
  • Options
    The amount of money we have and Blackpool has, is almost irrelevant. He's a good player and is very clearly seen as a good player. Young English players are at a premium. Premiership and recent-ex-Premiership teams have immesurably more money sloshing around than Championship clubs and can afford to have a "low-wage" prospect on the squad. If he looked like he was going to be leaving Balckpool then there'd be a queue that we'd not be close to the front of. Pointing at the likes of Beckford is just silly. During his year of "failure" he probably set himself up for life and he'll be on a better wage now as a result of having had that time in the top league. Shame it's all about money, but it's really not difficult to think this kind of thing through.

Powell will continue to work on the Moneyball model. Players with potential from teams lower down the pecking order (Hollands, Wiggins, Green, Stevens, Taylor), players that have had a hard time elsewhere (Cort, Kermo) and players with injury issues (BWP). Youngsters that are being talked up as future England internationals and that are considered to be the best prospects outside the top league don't fit into that model.
  • Options
    Okay, Tom Ince a 20 year old with a year left on hes contract with Blackpool.

It would be much better for him to earn the right to play in the premierleague via promotion then to be snapped up by, for example, Everton who, like Jermaine beckford, would probably get sold back to a lower division club when he isnt playing week in week out.

Scott Sinclair had a great season with Swansea because he was one of the main figures, unlikely to be dropped because he helped them get to the PL (still considering their finances they prob couldnt do better). Ince would stand out alot more and attract much better attention from, e.g. Man United if he got promoted with an ambitious club (like ourselves) and show the premier league what he is made of in that 1st season.

Paul Ince would obviously advise him well in terms of his career, and in my opinion staying in the championship for at least another year would be the best decision, even if he was to stay with Blackpool.

Think Charlton are a more attractive club to play for then Blackpool at the moment for a few reasons. London, Chris Powell (probably has good relations with Paul Ince too), where on the up (consider Norwich, soton double promotion) and we have award winning top quality training facilities, and lets face it we are probably just better for more reasons I cant be bothered to explain.
    This. It would be an ambitious target (if we were to ever look at him) but other clubs have made us look more appealing.

Norwich and So'ton have both had back to back promotions. Players will look at any of the 3 teams coming up and linking them to Norwich and So'ton.

Players will want to come to Charlton because we are on the up, a club in London, we have great facilities and a pretty good fan base. We have God as our manager, young, hungry players and a board that doesn't just want the best for them, but they want the best for this football club.

Don't rule anything out as weird things have happened in the past.
  • Options
    Backed the young man and Drogba in an anytime scorer double Saturday at 13/1 with Coral.
    Happy Days.
    But yeah, no chance of signing him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    perhaps a more realistic target might be Bertrand who has only played 12 senior games for Chelsea and of course the champions league final.Cannot see him starting much at Chelsea and he might be keen for a loan switch to us coming from Bermondsey /Peckham area rather than ,one would hope ,our less illustrious near neighbours .Would think that Chris should be able to sell us to him as a good move for a season .
  • Options
    From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Tom Ince, who is a free agent at the end of his contract at Blackpool and had been discussing a possible move to Inter Milan, has declared that he now wants to remain in England. More on this story to follow...

After lengthy discussions with my family, I have decided that my immediate future in the game lies in the Premier League.
  • Options

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

Tom Ince, who is a free agent at the end of his contract at Blackpool and had been discussing a possible move to Inter Milan, has declared that he now wants to remain in England. More on this story to follow...

After lengthy discussions with my family, I have decided that my immediate future in the game lies in the Premier League.

Another one we've missed out on ;-)
  • Options
    If he thinks hes good enough for inter hes avin a giraffe
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

If he thinks hes good enough for inter hes avin a giraffe

They are pretty poor these days but still.
  • Options
    Don't think he pulled up too many trees at Palace when on loan, and the times I have seen him was not outstanding amongst ordinary players, unlike Shelvey has not kicked on in his ability.
  • Options
    Good news for Blackpool that he's not going to Inter, as they'd have picked up a derisory fee (I think I saw £175,000 mentioned somewhere). The development fee from an English club will be well below market rate but it will be significantly more.

A pity for the club that his alleged £7 million transfer fell through 18 months ago. I recall that his dad (and then manager) was not keen on a move at that stage.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Good news for Blackpool that he's not going to Inter, as they'd have picked up a derisory fee (I think I saw £175,000 mentioned somewhere). The development fee from an English club will be well below market rate but it will be significantly more.

A pity for the club that his alleged £7 million transfer fell through 18 months ago. I recall that his dad (and then manager) was not keen on a move at that stage.

We suffered a similar situation when lee bowyer was set to sign for Liverpool and we would have received a significant sum as a sell on. At the last minute Houllier decided bowyer did not have the attitude to be a Liverpool player.
  • Options
    Ince had a good start the season before last but hasn't done much since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hull are certainly splashing some cash about at the moment.
  • Options

Inter did not want him then.

Wasn't even good enough for Palarse
  • Options
    The BBC reported last week that, in the absence of any agreement between them and Hull, Blackpool are going to be seeking a Tribunal fee of £8 million for Ince, based, in part, on the fact that our friends from Selhurst shelled out a loan fee of £1.5 million for a five month period last January. I bet that works out expensive on a 'per game' basis, although they were desperate at the time.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

The BBC reported last week that, in the absence of any agreement between them and Hull, Blackpool are going to be seeking a Tribunal fee of £8 million for Ince, based, in part, on the fact that our friends from Selhurst shelled out a loan fee of £1.5 million for a five month period last January. I bet that works out expensive on a 'per game' basis, although they were desperate at the time.

£1,500,000 for 5 months..? He played 8 games! £187,500 per game is total madness.
  • Options
    That would certainly help Riga rebuild his squad
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Blucher said:

£1,500,000 for 5 months..? He played 8 games! £187,500 per game is total madness.
    Small change for the Prem, especially if Palace considered he played a part in their staying up for another season.

• Options
    Wouldn't this system apply to Poyet?
  • Options

i expect so but obviously Ince has a history of people willing to shell out for him and Prem League experience, whereas West Ham will be able to argue - youth player with only 20 odd games under his belt, never played anywhere else, low wages (relatively), we would argue the contract we offered, player of the season and high ratings in the press.

I'd hope we are starting our bargaining at £5m, although a significant amount of that would be add ons and sell on %

• Options
    Kap10 said:

i expect so but obviously Ince has a history of people willing to shell out for him and Prem League experience, whereas West Ham will be able to argue - youth player with only 20 odd games under his belt, never played anywhere else, low wages (relatively), we would argue the contract we offered, player of the season and high ratings in the press.

I'd hope we are starting our bargaining at £5m, although a significant amount of that would be add ons and sell on %

Definitely, Kap !

Let's take those pesky, player pinching Irons to the cleaners !!!