Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR release 8 players!

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Evina was awful every time he's played
    Kept out of the team because of Wiggins' consistancy, and at times inspirational form.

Good pedigree coming through the Arsenal set up, so you know he's a proper footballer.
    He's got a decent 1st touch and he's quick.

Evina just needs a run of games.
    Just like Solly did.

• Options
    Wrong

• Options
    I was impressed with him in the Halifax cup tie, I know they are non-league but he got forward well and put in a few crosses and did the defensive stuff well enough.

I can't see how anyone can dismiss him on the basis of a few games punctuated by a lot of sitting in the stands. I'd send him out on loan next season and give him a chance to get match fit.

• Options
    He was not awful at Preston

Not awful, but I had concerns about his positioning at times. They created a few opportunities from poor positioning from Evina, perhaps just match rusty. Not near Wiggins. Has good pace and ability going forward though.

• Options
    Evina is very unlikely to oust Wiggins as first choice on form, but he is young and I reckon there's a good player in there, certainly I don't think LB is a pressing priority for strengthening. That said, if CP's Scouting Wizards spot a good bargain as a better choice for competition to Wiggy, going out on loan would be far from the worst thing that could happen for Ced.
  • Options
    Stands to reason that the stand in for Wiggins isn't going to be as good as Wiggins, but Evina has potential and I'm sure can do a job if he gets a run of games. Of course, we would rather he didn't next season.
  • Options
    With Evina (and Jackson who can cover at LB) we're not exactly short in that area.
  • Options
    Kept out of the team because of Wiggins' consistancy, and at times inspirational form.

Good pedigree coming through the Arsenal set up, so you know he's a proper footballer.
    He's got a decent 1st touch and he's quick.

Evina just needs a run of games.
    Just like Solly did.

100% agree. Don't think he's a bad player at all.

• Options
    Evina was very unlucky this season. The only time he got a start in the league when it was competitive was an out of the blue call-up the night of the match. He didn't look match fit and that is why he was caught out of position a few times. To say a player who started two league games, one after we'd won the league isn't good enough is ridiculous. It's Football Manager talk. It comes from the same school of thought as 'Kermorgant hit a crap penalty so he's useless' and 'Bradley Pritchard? Another Pardew-esque non-league signing'. You can't judge a player until he's had a good long run in the team
  • Options
    Surely Evina is left back cover - its CB and RB where we need to strengthen
    Evina not good enough for Championship IMHO.
    why do you think evina is not good enough? the very little he played this season, he looked decent
    He maybe decent in league 1, but decent in league 1 is not good enough for the Championship.
    I disagree, because the couple of games I saw him he wasnt that great. As I say league one at best.
    last season people were saying Solly was an average league one player at best, and had played just as many games, if not more than evina has played this season.
    Maybe but I didnt! Also there were a fair few nobbers on here that thought Francis was better than Solly, so its a silly way of strengthening your argument. I've seen him play and Evina is not Championship quality IMHO.
    lol how is it a silly way of strengthening my arguement? Oh yeah, that's right, you're always 100% right on how good players are from seeing them a couple of times. I think your arguement is flimsier imo. As you said, Powell sees them week in week out and Evina's only 20. Silly to write him off.