Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ot 3D Tv

Off topic will 3D Tv take off in this country?.I know sky have a 3d channel not sure what channel number it is?.Is it worth buying a 3 D Tv in the next few years?.

Comments

• Options
    Pointless ginnick imo designed to fleece us for some extra cash at the cinema and flog us a load of new TVs we don't need so we carry on being good little consumers. I certainly won't be buying one until it's impossible to watch TV without one and I can't see it standing a chance of taking off with the masses until you don;t have to wear those stupid specs to watch one.
  • Options
    Will never take off thankfully.
  • Options
    How's it off topic, you've started the topic!

I think 3D tvs are the future, but not the current ones which require users to wear glasses. When the glasses less ones come out you'll look pretty stupid! A interesting thing about 3D tvs is you could have two different images displayed at once and the one you'll see depends on where you sit.
  • Options
    Smart tv the future?.
  • Options
    HoloTV will be the one, you'll actually be able to immerse yourself in the game (if you are watching football or sports that is). About 5 years from launching in Japan.
  • Options
    I can only see out of one eye so it's a definite no as far as I'm concerned!
  • Options
    I can't see it being anything but a damp squib. There's just too many downsides:
    - The technology isn't good enough (poor pictures, need for glasses, headaches for some)
    - Not enough content (unlike HD which was in the same position a few years back there's no obvious good content out there - sport and a few movies just won't be enough to justify it for most people)
    - The economy is in a mess - people can't afford it
    - Wrong timing - too hot on the heels of HD which people have invested heavily in.
    - The experience of film - many (perhaps most) films are worse for the 3D experience as "creative" energies are focussed on 3D rather than having genuinely good content to start with.
    - TV is a different type of experience. Most people visit the cinema because they want to have an experience, they are therefore excited when things shoot out of the screen. With tv though, a lot of the time people want something soporific to veg out in front of. Can you imagine how awful soap operas, chat shows and reality tv would be if you had to experience it in 3D? As for the news, that could be absolutely terrifying.

So, no. You won't get me buying it and if I were looking for an investment this is about the last technology I'd touch.
  • Options
    I can't see it being anything but a damp squib. There's just too many downsides:
    - The technology isn't good enough (poor pictures, need for glasses, headaches for some
    I'm one of those that always get a headache after seeing a 3d film. I've given up for now. Like you say, the tech isn't good enough atm, so I expect I'll be waiting a few years before they improve it enough to be a more natural experience.
    Also, I always feel like it wasn't all that impressive anyway.
  • Options
    I bloody love it
  • Options
    The problem with 3D films is after the first 3 or 4 it doesn't amaze and you have to wear stupid glasses. I'd rather watch a 2D film myself now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3D films are good and some sports are great in 3D. Football is good but rugby and darts are the best!
  • Options
    about 3 years ago when i worked for a media company, we had a company come in to show us their 3D screens which they were trying to sell for our advertising units, they didnt need glasses, the quality was superb, but the cost was exhorbitant. So, the technology is out there, and eventually they will become affordable.
  • Options
    I was offered a 3D TV for £50 but it had a broken volume button.

For that money I couldn't turn it down!

• Options
    I was offered a 3D TV for £50 but it had a broken volume button.

For that money I couldn't turn it down!

And I've let this man in my house!!!!
  • Options
    Sorry SL.
  • Options
    Two things

There is a type of 3d tv that doesnt use glasses it also converts non 3d footage

Also how come there used to be 3d broadcasts but now all of a sudden you need a 3d tv?
  • Options
    Are 3D films on a 3D TV much different than at the cinema? Apart from Avatar any film i've seen in 3d has been utter crap(Tron, Avengers, Alice In Wonderland). Unless its filmed in 3d (proper cameras etc and not done post-production) it'll always be terrible.