Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy 14th Anniversary

May 25th - enough said!

Comments

• Only me and you still up then mate...
  • One of the best days of my life. So much more than just the game that day and that would have been more than enough!! :-)
  • Great day, great club.

14 years, where does the time go?
  • It's the best way to win promotion. A nice day out at wembley and get to lift the cup, but I'm so glad we're not going through it again this weekend..................................
  • This thread makes me feel old.
  • Wow time really does fly by remember it all do vividly too.
  • Could be interesting on the 15th anniversary next year as it falls on a Saturday which could be the Championship play-off final date. Anyone up for a reunion at the new Wembley?
  • Could be interesting on the 15th anniversary next year as it falls on a Saturday which could be the Championship play-off final date. Anyone up for a reunion at the new Wembley?
    would think the Championship game would be back to a Monday next year

You're probably right Large. Would be good though
  • Sponsored links:

• I was 10 when I went to that game. Honestly don't think I could take it now.
  • I can still remember every little detail of that day, 14 years seem like yesterday!!!!
  • Think my liver has just recovered............fantastic day, first memories of arriving at 8.30 Erith station slowly but surely the train got more and more packed as we headed into London. Taken aback by the sea of red that greeted me at Charring Cross station. A truly magical day but sadly was unable to enjoy the match as you felt it was going to slip away from us.

ARISE SIR CLIVE.........
  • stickied at the top of the forum is the old 'your memories' thread if people want to relive it again

You're probably right Large. Would be good though
    Not sure what will happen next year as the champions league final is at Wembley again.

Anyway I'm sure Michael Gray would like to be thanked for that penalty miss 14 years ago. He's on twitter @mickygray33  so fill your boots people
  • One of the best days of my life from the 7.30 start at the little chef in Bromley until falling out of the pub back in Bromley late that night. The best footballing day ever and only beaten in my life by seeing both my kids born.
    1) First child
    2) Second child
    3) 1998 Play off final
    4) My Wedding

• It's amazing how quickly 14 years goes!!!
  • One of the best days of my life from the 7.30 start at the little chef in Bromley until falling out of the pub back in Bromley late that night. The best footballing day ever and only beaten in my life by seeing both my kids born.
    1) First child
    2) Second child
    3) 1998 Play off final
    4) My Wedding

Exactly my ordering - funnily enough I've never shared this with my wife
  • alan brazil doing the co commentry.. forgot it was him.
  • 14 years ... blimey ... so quick
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah, still brings tears to my eyes! I can watch the DVD forever, what a day that was and where does the time go?? 14 years..
  • This year makes the point that I've lived longer after the game than I did before it happened.
  • edited May 2012
    Walked down Wembley way at 10:30am surrounded by Sunderland fans - then in the pub by 11am. Couldn't drink after the game - far too exhausted. Went to Trafalgar Square for a while, but was so knackered and emotionally drained just jumped on a train home. Bought every newspaper the next day as well.
  • Well, 14 years on and I'm just as pissed as I was 14 years ago !
  • This made me feel old:
    @5rufus This day in 1998 dad scored the equaliser to take Charlton V Sunderland to penalties #proud #cafc
    although it was sweet to see the Charlton fans tweeting back to tell him his dad's a legend
  • This made me feel old:
    @5rufus This day in 1998 dad scored the equaliser to take Charlton V Sunderland to penalties #proud #cafc
    although it was sweet to see the Charlton fans tweeting back to tell him his dad's a legend
    That makes me wish I was a Tweeter .

• What great day, hard to believe it was 14 years ago. Exactly half my life ago. ; )
  • 14 years ago amazing how quick that has gone.