Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Status Quo reforming

2»

Comments

• Options

The worst group i have ever seen

Really? You must come and see my band!

• Options
    When did you see them?
  • Options
    Didn't know that they'd ever split/stopped. I have a friend who sees them every year (in what he's described as like a big barn somewhere in the north of Essex). Perhaps that's just a private gig they do just for fun; or perhaps my mate's living in the past - well, he is a Quo fan.
  • Options
    The original group split in the 80s with the 2 guitarists carrying on with new members. This reunion is the original 4 members who were really big in the 70s.
  • Options
    Ahh, that explains it. Cheers Godstone.
  • Options
    I did some stewarding at wembley arena I think it was about 93 or 94
  • Options
    Godstone said:

They've just added some news dates.

http://www.statusquo.co.uk/

I'm going to Hammersmith on the saturday.

That sounds like a very tight time schedule if you intend to go to the football first.
    Last time I saw Quo was on a festival in Sweden this summer and they are still good.
    I never saw the original line up though, so I’m really excited about this. They will probably not torture us with “In the Army now” in the set either.
  • Options
    The best live band ever, bar none!
  • Options
    Another (and final?) chance to see the original line up.
    Hammy on March 28th and Derby away on the Saturday sounds like a great weekend.
    Hopefully Charlton will do better to match Quo's performance than they did against Millwall last season.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I last went to see the quo the night before my maths O level in 1978, front row at Hammersmith. I couldn't hear a thing in the morning. I remember just staring at the maths paper and it making no sense whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maths papers rarely do...
  • Options
    Looks like it's the end of the road for them now. Rick Parfitt pulls out of their last electric tour on medical advice. They were going to restrict themselves to acoustic only tours after this one.

A shame but given his lifestyle over the years, not a surprise.

Appreciate they're not everyone's cup of tea but they do put on a great show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37371464
  • Options
    Love the Quo, but didn't enjoy their acoustic set at the Radio 2 festival on Sunday. It just wasn't the same
  • Options
    Shame but Parfitt has taken the piss with his heart, still smoking etc after his 2 heart attacks and bypass. In their heyday one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever, only those who have never seen them would disagree.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Shame but Parfitt has taken the piss with his heart, still smoking etc after his 2 heart attacks and bypass. In their heyday one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever, only those who have never seen them would disagree.

Definitely. What was staggering about that BBC article was this line
    In 1991 they received a Brit Award for their outstanding contribution to music.
    That was 25 years ago! To still be playing 25 years after the "well done for your contributions lads" award shows their longevity. Have any duo (Partiff and Rossi) toured so continuously and for so long (without the big breaks that the Stones have had)?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    It's a shame. My brother is a dyed in the wool Quo fan, he'll be gutted.
  • Options
    Love the Quo. Just saw them in an intimate warm up "aquostic" gig last Friday prior to Hyde Park Gig. Just 900 at Union Chapel -FANTASTIC.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I've seen them and I disagree.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Cool.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Cool.
    Thanks. :smiley: