Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Butland

Comments

• Options
    Ruddy has had more than a decent season. Only 25 years old and looks a beast in goal.

Before he played for Norwich in their promotion season he also played, more or less' a whole season for Motherwell.

So why on Earth should Butland be ahead of Ruddy?! Because Butland 'might be a good keeper' in the future isn't a very good reason.
    Calm down ! Ruddy was in ahead of Butland, got injured and Butland took his place
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    DP
  • Options
    Seen him play for Cheltenham a few times! He was quality, one of the main reasons they had such a good run in the middle of the season. A few of my Cheltenham supporting mates think if he had stayed they would have easily got Auto's.

High Praise, especially for a keeper!
  • Options
    Can see him being Brum;s no 1 next season so we may get the chance to see him at The Valley.

As for Ruddy, personally I think he has the potential to be a very good back up keeper for England, if Butland fufills his potential then he could challenge Hart but in the meantime, Ruddy is only getting better and more experienced.
  • Options
    Ruddy has had more than a decent season. Only 25 years old and looks a beast in goal.

Before he played for Norwich in their promotion season he also played, more or less' a whole season for Motherwell.

So why on Earth should Butland be ahead of Ruddy?! Because Butland 'might be a good keeper' in the future isn't a very good reason.
    not sure if you were referring to my post, but I didn't say that Butland should necessarily be ahead of Ruddy. I meant that Butland was chosen as 3rd choice after Ruddy's injury to gain experience over at leasr 5/6 better candidates, notably Carson or Stockdale. I just think if Hodgson wanted Butland to gain experience, why not choose him initially.

Ah right sorry think I got the wrong end of the stick! Thought you meant Butland should have been 3 anyway.

Maybe the experience will do him good. But equally the experience for Ruddy would have been excellent, if he was going. As after Green, who I was surprised to see called up, Hodgson would see Ruddy as Englands number 2?

• Options
    what about joe lewis?
    He's on that PFA free transfers list - reckon SCP can convince him to come and give Hamer competition?!
  • Options
    what about joe lewis?
    He's on that PFA free transfers list - reckon SCP can convince him to come and give Hamer competition?!
    He's already signed for Cardiff.
  • Options
    That's be a no then!

Stupid list.

Though he was always going to be a number 1 somewhere.
  • Options
    Butland is the best young goalkeeper in England. Taking him for the experience makes sense as the 3rd choice isn't going to get any gametime anyway.
  • Options

not sure if you were referring to my post, but I didn't say that Butland should necessarily be ahead of Ruddy. I meant that Butland was chosen as 3rd choice after Ruddy's injury to gain experience over at leasr 5/6 better candidates, notably Carson or Stockdale. I just think if Hodgson wanted Butland to gain experience, why not choose him initially.

Ah right sorry think I got the wrong end of the stick! Thought you meant Butland should have been 3 anyway.

Maybe the experience will do him good. But equally the experience for Ruddy would have been excellent, if he was going. As after Green, who I was surprised to see called up, Hodgson would see Ruddy as Englands number 2?

I agree, would have had Carson and Ruddy in with Hart. Green isn't good enough and will be nervous if playing after last time

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not in the squad today. Is he injured or has he just messed up going to Stoke?
  • Options
    They thought begovic would be gone. He will go out on loan
  • Options

Not in the squad today. Is he injured or has he just messed up going to Stoke?

He's gone to watch ebbsfleet.

• Options
    Best player in The Championship last season. He'll get his chance. A genuine rival to Joe Hart in my opinion.
  • Options
    Joined Barnsley on loan for three months. I know some people here won't be happy.
  • Options
    couldn't believe it when it came up on the Sky thingy.
  • Options
    how the mighty have fallen !!
  • Options

how the mighty have fallen !!

It's just a loan - he's still a bloody good goalie and will play premiership football for a number of years

• Options
    Up there with one of the best goal keeping displays ive seen from a visiting keeper at the valley last season. All down to him why birmingham came away with a result. The boy has alot of talent and the potential to push joe hart for a regular england spot. Barnsley have had a right result getting him in for 3 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Best player in The Championship last season. What's happened to Luke Steele?
  • Options
    and Billy Sharp has joined Reading on loan. Both players would improve our squad.

They're out there if you ask !!
  • Options
    Another we missed. Hohum, stuck with the mighty Hamer
  • Options
    WE HAVE NO MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well said NLA.

I hear Lewandowski is out of contract if we fancy holding a whip round.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Well said NLA.

I hear Lewandowski is out of contract if we fancy holding a whip round.

That's Jerzy Lewandowski .. the Polish plumber who lives in Balham .. he don't come cheap !!
  • Options
    So they farmed out Alnwick to us and get Butland on loan 3 weeks later? Good bit of business
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

So they farmed out Alnwick to us and get Butland on loan 3 weeks later? Good bit of business

Not strictly true Alnwick's contract was cancelled by mutual consent so he was a free agent but I get your drift.
  • Options
    Fair play to Butland. He turned Chelsea down because he wants to play football. When he went to Stoke I think everyone expected him to replace Begovic as number one who looked like he was on his way out.

Butland and Stockdale will be genuine contenders for England number one within the next couple of years.
  • Options
    With the greatest respect to Stoke who I have to admit I havent seen much of this season, who's their number one then. I just assumed Butland was playing. Is Begovic still there?