Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Site

might interest those of us who've played and watched sport roundabout...

http://hoppysnaps.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/tudor-sports.html

Comments

• Options
    It's a shame it's been left to get into this state, no doubt money is behind it.

Used to live nearby and watch (what was then) Woolwich Poly, when the Addicks were away. Got a decent cup of tea in the club house and stay and watch the scores come through on the teleprinter on Grandstand.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the stand does not look like that now. It has been smartend up as Blackheath Rugby is involved there.
  • Options
    Yep stand had been renovated by the rugby club. Shame that Elthams lost one of its few multi pitch playing fields to rugby. I used to play here every other Sunday.
  • Options
    The Poly ground was the one that drew my attention to the site as I spent many happy hours playing rugby and cricket there back in the dark ages.

Many other grounds worth a look too though

• Options
    Football is still played at Well Hall and Blackheath rugby's 3G pitch is used by Millwall for their youth set up.

This thread is a timewarp.

Where have you all been?
  • Options
    If we remember a while back whilst still at Smellhurst Park it was one rumored site we looked at to build a stadium on
  • Options
    I blame the EU.