Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our current player valuations?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jackson is 30 in August - would never get anything like £750k for a player with no resale value.
  • Options
    I think all of the valuations are way too high.

Kerm was signed for free and is the wrong side of 30. Solly is still unproven above the third division and for that reason I think he'll stay as I can't see a bid big enough for us to sell him. I'd put Wiggins and Morrison in the same category?

Thee are a few that I would think we would be willing to sell for anything close to £500k and I can't see a six figure bid for any of our players to be honest.
  • Options
    I think all of the valuations are way too high.

Kerm was signed for free and is the wrong side of 30. Solly is still unproven above the third division and for that reason I think he'll stay as I can't see a bid big enough for us to sell him. I'd put Wiggins and Morrison in the same category?

Thee are a few that I would think we would be willing to sell for anything close to £500k and I can't see a six figure bid for any of our players to be honest.
    100% spot on.

• Options
    Some remarkable pointlesness.
  • Options
    Wagstaff at least 1 million surely! hes 22! got 13 more years of playing football and could easily play in the championship..
  • Options
    A good start to the Championship season and our players will be worth a lot more.
    Totally agree with this
  • Options
    Wagstaff at least 1 million surely! hes 22! got 13 more years of playing football and could easily play in the championship..
    I have got 13 more years of playing football doesnt mean I should be worth 1 million!
  • Options
    Didn't realise you were playing for a Championship winning team in the second tier of English football either Woody!
  • Options
    Didn't realise you were playing for a Championship winning team in the second tier of English football either Woody!
    exactly my point! a decent championship player who has got so much time to grow as a player, before his best days.
  • Options
    Just a ridiculous statement in my eyes, wagstaff has already played in the championship and I think if he was a brilliant prospect for the future one of the bigger championship teams would have bought him over the past few seasons as happened with Bailey and Shelvey. I really rate Solly and hopefully he will be just as good in the championship as he was this season. I think Solly would be closer to the million mark then wagstaff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    only if he stops falling over and moaning to referees.

• Options
    Green for 200k? I'm sure we paid like 400k for him, so we wouldn't let him go for less, I think a lot of people are under valuing players considering how much a lot of championship players are going for now days
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if nobody has been on the phone about Waggy for 500k given his goals, pace and age. Players who could cut it in the Prem, both full backs, Morro, Pritch, and Yann would all be 1m plus but not much more until proved in Championship.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if nobody has been on the phone about Waggy for 500k given his goals, pace and age. Players who could cut it in the Prem, both full backs, Morro, Pritch, and Yann would all be 1m plus but not much more until proved in Championship.
    Doubt any of them would attract a bid anywhere near approaching a million.

• Options
    At the end of the day the price we would receive would depend on what OTHER clubs think they are worth, thus things like the PFA and journalist POTY rankings are more worthwhile as a judge than our votes.

So, someone like Solly would be undervalued by other clubs, whereas Hamer (because of his clean sheets) and Jackson (because of his goals and assists) will be valued higher than we would think. Poplcon's valuations are near mine, though I doubt we would get as much for Solly, no way a short Div 3 full back would get more than 1 million.
  • Options
    Doubt any of them would attract a bid anywhere near approaching a million.

Jenkinson did.
  • Options
    Some of those prices are lower than what we paid for them last summer. Bizarre.

If you know so much about the worth of all the players why don't you state your own view, because that is all any of us are doing. There are people stating millions for players that is in cuckoo land, there is no comment from you on these!

Such as, virtually all our signings were undisclosed. Please enlighten.

Additionally, paying a fee for any player doesn't ensure getting more on them when you sell them.
  • Options
    Hamer-750k
    Sullivan-50k
    Solly-3.5 million
    Cort-300k
    Taylor-250k
    Morrison-1 million
    Wiggins-2 million
    Green-450k
    Wagstaff-300k
    Stephens-300k
    Hollands-500k
    Pritchard-400k
    Jackson-700k
    BWP-1.1 million
    Kermorgant-400 million
    Hayes- 250k
    Haynes-250k
  • Options
    Some of those prices are lower than what we paid for them last summer. Bizarre.

If you know so much about the worth of all the players why don't you state your own view, because that is all any of us are doing. There are people stating millions for players that is in cuckoo land, there is no comment from you on these!

Such as, virtually all our signings were undisclosed. Please enlighten.

Additionally, paying a fee for any player doesn't ensure getting more on them when you sell them.
    As Charlton fans, surely we should know this, given some of the donkey's we've signed and then let go for nothing.

My view on the valuations: I think SHG has got it about right.
  • Options
    The value of the players are what other clubs are willing to pay for them.Have no way of knowing this so for that reason i am out.I could have my house valued at 1M but if somebody is only willing to pay £750000 that is what it is worth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @dickplumb, of course you are right in what you say. These things are just a bit of fun, at least. I thought it was supposed to be.
  • Options
    @dickplumb, of course you are right in what you say. These things are just a bit of fun, at least. I thought it was supposed to be.
    I just find it all a bit pointless.I will be pleased when we start bringing some players in so we can talk about something more tangible.God i hate the close Season.Roll on August.

• Options
    Hamer-750k
    Sullivan-50k
    Solly-3.5 million
    Cort-300k
    Taylor-250k
    Morrison-1 million
    Wiggins-2 million
    Green-450k
    Wagstaff-300k
    Stephens-300k
    Hollands-500k
    Pritchard-400k
    Jackson-700k
    BWP-1.1 million
    Kermorgant-400 million
    Hayes- 250k
    Haynes-250k
    You really rate Yann, don't you? Let's get Man City on the phone ;)
  • Options
    Good thread ,interesting debate .At the end of the day a player is worth what another club is willing to pay .I think the new fair play regulations will attract more swap deals so some values remain 'undisclosed'.
    And it's very much going to depend on who's bidding. As was in the news a couple of weeks back, Alan Shearer's price transferring from Blackburn was quoted double to Utd than the number quoted to Newcastle.

For example, I'd say Wagstaff was worth around £500-750k if he establishes himself as an effective Championship level player this year. If we sold him to a Championship club that's what I think we should ask; but if we're offloading him to a League One club it will be no more than £200k. And if a Prem club came asking, surely £2m would be the opening gambit.

So I'd say CAFCSayer's got it closest in my view. Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Hollands and BWP (as a goalscorer) would be our most expensive players because they're the only ones I'd think Prem clubs would be looking at. Kermorgant's valuable to us, but at his age and with a relatively modest goal return he's not going to command a big transfer fee. Morrison would be the next tier money wise but at best he's only ever going to be a squad player at the top level and will probably spend the rest of his career at the top end of the Championship. r