Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeux Sans Frontiers

With so much rubbish on the tv these days - the wife and I were reminising about Jeux Sans Frontiers. A show the whole family could watch together, usually laughing throughout. Surely it is a no brainer to bring it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKmk5LATCs&feature=related

Apologies to those too young to know what I'm talking about.

Comments

• Options
    Got to have Stuart Hall though.
  • Options
    Yes, got to get it back quick whilst he is still able to do it -his laughter made it even better.
  • Options
    They should copy the best games from the 70s early 80s otherwise they would proabably try to update it and ruin it.
  • Options
    I'll never forget the giants racing to get through a gap big enough for only one. Stuart Hall gave up commentating and just roared with laughter.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You're not serious are you? That was pure drivel. Dross for idiots.
  • Options
    used to love this with Stuart Hall
  • Options
    chanel 5 brought back briefly in the 90's.
    With Frank Bruno. Not quite the same though.
  • Options
    My first date with my wife was the same night as the last ever episode, 20 December 1984, I can remember watching it as I sprayed on my Kouros and pulled on my best Lyle & Scott jumper before taking her to see Ghostbusters, were still an item and "its a knockout" will always have a fond place in my memory
  • Options
    Hole in the Wall, Total Wipeout, X Factor, The Voice, BGT, Maria, Pop Idol... I think it would fit in quite well on that basis Iain?
  • Options
    Am I imagining this or was Jeux Sans Frontiers, as a concept, the idea of Charles De Gualle as a way of building a few bridges between europeans after WWII?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fitted its era.
  • Options
    Good morning, I'm an idiot.

• Options
    I'll never forget the giants racing to get through a gap big enough for only one. Stuart Hall gave up commentating and just roared with laughter.
    You'll like this clip then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpYtpJCXl4

• Options
    It was quality, Gennarro and Guido refereeing, usurped Arther Ellis as they were Swiss, therefore suitably neutral. Suppose the only problem now would be the number of nations that are now European - Eurovision!
  • Options
    Sadly I can't see this working now. Times have changed.
  • Options
    Don't know - Nether Wallop playing in a pool whilst dressed as penguins with a village from Uzbekhistan would make great viewing!:)
  • Options
    Vintage stuff!

The ostriches were fantastic. I would watch that again. Quality TV.

Don't make 'em like that anymore......
  • Options
    I'm all for original participating nations only - lets have jeux sans frontiers avec quelque frontiers.
  • Options
    Wouldn't we be one Eddie Waring short?

Or is my memory playing tricks again?
  • Options
    Good morning, I'm an idiot.

Beat me to that, shirty5.

Unbeatable family entertainment IMHO

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Give me a break! It was stupid then and it will be even more stupid now
  • Options
    The best family programme ever, we always tried to make sure we neve rmissed it, Stuart Hall & Eddie Waring were the Ant and Dec of years gone by!!
  • Options
    Never go back.

Especially to ordure like that.
  • Options
    Stuart Hall - Genius ''And here come the Belgians, moowaahhahahaha''