Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MAGIC BUS

has anyone heard of a brewery called magic bus in Woolwich, went to a fete in Otford yesterday and they were selling a cider there. When I asked where it came from they said the magic bus brewery in Woolwich. I can't find anything on the net though .

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Steve....Magic Bus are in fact from the Dartford area.....Darenth Valley, to be more precise around the Horton Kirby area I believe. Though maybe they have someone distributing for them in the Wololwich area.
    They have been around for a few years now and make some wicked ciders. I first came across them in The Bull in Horton Kirby and in the summer they nearly always have a barrell or two on the counter. The guy who owns Magic Bus lives nearby....though whether he actually brews at his home I don't know. Hadn't heard that he/they brew beer by the way.
    This weekend The George in Shoreham had a cider festival tent (sales sadly badly hit by the weather sad to say). They have 5 or 6 different Magic Bus ciders on offer....some of them 7%!
    Be careful....I'd suggest two pints initialy and see how you get on....oh and by the way, can I recommend putting a slice of orange in your glass.....sets it off just nicely.
  • Options
    I'd love for the Valley to sell local beer/cider.
    I'm sure their are many reasons we couldn't do this, but imagine Meantime Pale Ale on tap at half time!
  • Options
    Every day I get in the queue....
  • Options
    Ahhh memories.....catching the magic bus to Amsterdam!
  • Options
    I had 5 pints yesterday, bloody lovely
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'd love for the Valley to sell local beer/cider.
    I'm sure their are many reasons we couldn't do this, but imagine Meantime Pale Ale on tap at half time!
    Often thought that Eaststand....there are some fabulous caterers in the Greenwich area too....if only we could sell some of their pies, sandwiches, pasties, cakes etc instead of (for the most part) the utter mass produced junk that we have on offer.
    My friend Czarina has her own catering company near Greenwich Station (used to be called Googies). Now for example, she would be the perfect choice....fabulous home-made fare.
    Seem to remember that Meantime Brewery did in fact approach us a few years back....but got nowhere.

• Options
    I had 5 pints yesterday, bloody lovely
    5!!!!
    Mmmmmm it wasn't the 7% stuff I take it?

• Options
    god knows it did the job though
  • Options
    You're quite right SoundAs,Meantime did approach Charlton but got knocked back which is a shame as Ali,the owner,and several members of the company are lifelong fans & would love to have their beer at the Valley.
    Sadly,the powers that be decree we should quaff swill on match days.
    Not for me ta.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess it's not possible because the club are contracted to a major brewery.
  • Options
    True say
  • Options
    I was at the emirates last night and they had San Miguel at £4.80 a bottle as well as burgers for £12.90 with bacon.
  • Options
    Maybe, but you'd think they might be able to agree that a couple of local beers are sold in Bartrams up until 2.30 and then post match. Would help the club to do some more with the local community, which we are famed for, would make the brewery our main deal is with look like a "good guy" whilst costing them very little and would drive traffic to the Valley (putting more money in Chrissy's transfer kitty)
  • Options
    Every day I get in the queue....
    To get on the bus that takes me to you.....
  • Options
    I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile
  • Options
    Surprised you got it Oggy, did the Wurzels do a cover of it :-)
  • Options
    Wurzels are Somerset, Mike. Long way from Cornwall.

Didn't you do Geography at school?

;o)

• Options
    Now you are getting picky, we are coming down next week, staying just outside of Padstow
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Padstow's nice enough though, Mike. Good walks around the Camel Estuary and north coast, and fish supper at Rick Stein's.

I'm on the south coast. Hope the weather's good for you.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks mate, we have booked Rick Steins for a meal on the Tuesday evening we are down there. Looking forward to this one, we have not been to Cornwall for a good few years
  • Options
    Well, it's finally stopped raining. Now blue skies and wall to wall sunshine!
  • Options
    Keep it that way from the 16th to the 23rd and I will be even happier :-)