Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of the National Football Museum

Comments

• Options
    Heard that it had moved to Manchester & considered going yesterday. Glad I didn't when I read that it doesn't open till July!

"Moore hopes that, at the end of a visit, Dixie Dean and Len Shackleton will be as well known to visitors as any current Premier League stars."

They should take the team there when we have an away fixture in the North West. A knowledge of the history of the game must help. A current defender in our squad did not / does not know who Franco Baresi is (I appreciate Baresi may / may not be mentioned in what is effectively the English National Football Museum, but it does indicate a surprising lack of knowledge).
  • Options
    The one at Preston was absolute heaven for a football geek - had to go there for work as part of the CAFC Centenary stuff, 2 colleagues I went with virtually dragged me out - hope it is replicated in Manchester in terms of history, huge potential for getting young and old into the game - great educational tool as well.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the NFM when it was in Preston so glad it is opening up again. Somewhere to visit when we next play in the North West.
  • Options
    Blackpool (postponed) in the snow in February!
  • Options
    I remember the first version of this which opened in London ... was very good at the time
  • Options
    Sweet, will go check this out when up for the Olympics
  • Options
    Anyone visiting the Lake District should drop into the `The homes of football' in Ambleside. Brilliant shop with some nice prints of the old valley.