Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defoe returns home after father dies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18352148

Feel sorry for him, hope he returns though he looks in good form and he will score a few goals in the euros. But he should also take as much time as he needs and not rush into things.

Comments

• Options
    I wonder if Bent is fit yet?
  • Options
    Hodgson doomed to fail, or a get out of jail free?

I see the media are still trying to pick the team a la Rio, someone who is reportedly incapable of playing several games in sucession due to injury - ideal for a tournament.. not!
  • Options
    Crickey , sorry to hear this news , not nice at any time , who will be his replacement?

Seem to be dropping like flies.
  • Options
    He plans to return apparently. Sad news for him.
  • Options
    I know he is Judas and a complete t*sser in our eyes, but it's a terribly thing to have to go through, hope he comes back from it to score for fun in the Euro's and fire us into the knockout stages, but somehow I doubt he'll get much playing time.
  • Options
    I know he is Judas and a complete t*sser in our eyes, but it's a terribly thing to have to go through, hope he comes back from it to score for fun in the Euro's and fire us into the knockout stages, but somehow I doubt he'll get much playing time.
    After this, i doubt he will get much playing time at all.
  • Options
    some things are much more important than football.....
  • Options
    There's more important things in football than football. Condolences to him and his family at what must be a hard time. Darren Bent on standby.
  • Options
    Bent is injured isn't he??? If he is not surely he would have been in contention.
  • Options

There is a new website where you can put your name down for an England squad place to help out the team as longs as

a. You must have some sort of connection with Liverpool Football club.
    b. There must not be anyone called Ferdinand in your family
    c. You have never bought (or read) The Sun
    d. You must have an injury, suspension or criminal case pending.
    e. You can pay for your own return air fare (rtn dates already known)

www.ingerlandvolunteer.com/squad-crisis/no-hopers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bent is injured isn't he??? If he is not surely he would have been in contention.
    Been training again, hasn't played though so not match fit. Aston Villa reckon he could have played last 3 games of the season
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to be the player that gets called up because of someone elses grief.
    Defoe needs time with no big pressure to return.
  • Options
    Nice one Grumps, add
    F. You must have a book coming out for Christmas.

As for Defoe, poor sod. This campaign feels cursed.
  • Options
    It says no new striker will be called up in that article.

As for Defoe senior R.I.P
  • Options

Very sorry for the lad but you need to ask who put the jinx on this lot?

Did Roy drop a mirror in the West Brom dressing room or walk under a ladder on the way to FA HQ??

Weirdly, I still feel they might do alright....
  • Options

Very sorry for the lad but you need to ask who put the jinx on this lot?

Did Roy drop a mirror in the West Brom dressing room or walk under a ladder on the way to FA HQ??

Weirdly, I still feel they might do alright....
    This. I feel with the more doom that comes, the more determined our team will be. I think we may just be shocked at how well we do.
  • Options
    It's what I read on Sky Sports. Bent is on standby but they don't wish to call up a replacement. But as Hodgeson knows by now, you have to be prepared for anything.
  • Options
    Condolences to Defoe and his family. I am sure he will be back with the squad early next week, and the passing of his Dad will make him all the more determined to do well.
  • Options
    Unfortunate for Defoe, feel sorry for him.

• Options
    RIP
    Defoes dad

nothing more important than family
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too true