Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

DOWNING - "We do not fear France"

France - "Who's Downing?" ;-)

Comments

• Options
    English fans, "We fear Downing."
  • Options
    English fans, "We fear Downing."
    We fear England.

• Options
    Fear !!!!! ... f f s this is a football game he's commenting upon, not Agincourt
  • Options
    Downing - We fear leaving our wives alone with Terry
  • Options
    he's been misquoted.

the interview was done at a daytime Polish disco.

Downing actually said "We do not hear trance"
  • Options
    Free beer at the dinner and dance.
  • Options
    ...purple monkey dishwasher.
  • Options
    send for Rio forcements we need him to play France ...... send back the reinforcements .. we're only playing France
  • Options
    My favourite quote is still Wallcotts - I've been consistent in patches.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    he's consistent in his incontinenceinconsistency
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Press conference must be the only thing he hasn't missed this season.

• Options
    It's a joke that Downing is in the squad. An Awful player.
  • Options
    He is about England's level at the moment to be fair
  • Options
    The build up to this tournament has been like the script to a film, a squad with little quality and lots of players that are genuinely hated by their own fans. If it was a script this team would battle against the odds and either bow out bravely in the semis or win the whole thing. Downing would shine at last, tormenting defenders and sending over wave after wave of crosses, that zero in on the rampaging Carroll's forehead.

Shame it is real life and Downing is a terrible winger
  • Options
    At the end of the day what is he supposed to say?? If he was to come out and say ' I think we will get stuffed by France' Surely that would be a lot worse, even if it is what a lot of people are thinking!!
  • Options
    He should have kept his trap shut.
    Or let his football do the talking. Same thing ;-)
  • Options
    Downing-Typical example of what is wrong with english football. Distinctly average at best!
  • Options
    So he is asked in an Interview 'Do the team fear France?' & you expect him to reply 'no comment' I am sure that would have gone down well!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    honesty is always the best policy in these situations.

"we know it is a difficult opening game, in fact all of our defenders are bricking it at the thought of facing Platini, Benzema and Ribery. Glen Johnson said he didn't want to play and was up crying all last night. We've had a clear the air with Roy who's admitted to us that we have zero chance of even scoring a goal without Wayne and had asked the FA if we could pull out of the tournament on the basis of our crapness. i am however confident in my own ability to deliver at least one over hit cross in the time i am on the pitch against the Froggies in order to secure a pay rise when i return to the club who pay my wages whose name escapes me".
  • Options
    Downing should do what he does best. Collect his highly inflated wages for being a mediocre player and keep his gob firmly shut. Interview or no interview
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So he is asked in an Interview 'Do the team fear France?' & you expect him to reply 'no comment' I am sure that would have gone down well!!
    LOL
    You're absolutely right CA, which is why I put the winky thing at the end of my comment.
    Unfortunately these days they are expected to give media interviews, which leaves them open to the ridicule of unsympathetic punters like me!

• Options
    Whose he trying to kid?

Have you seen him on a football pitch - he's terrified at the prospect of taking a player on.

Doesn't fear France?? He's scared of his own shadow - just look at his face in the bbc article!
  • Options
    Re Macronate's post. Is Glen Johnson really in the team? I didn't realise he was still playing.

Not taken much interest tho.
  • Options
    yes, he is our right back.
  • Options
    I thought it said " Downing Street - We do not fear France" for a minute!
  • Options
    His fecking scared of his own right foot!
  • Options
    Likewise I doubt that France are quaking in their boots at the thought of facing Downing!