Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Welch - Fleetwood Mac.

edited June 2012 in Not Sports Related
Gone, RIP.

Comments

• Options
    Old school Mac. RIP
  • Options
    Rip Bob.Fleetwood Mac back in the days of Peter Green were my favourite group.It was tragic what happened to that group after their trip to Germany.Both Peter Green and Danny Kirwan came back with mental health issues.Their drinks were spiked with LSD.Peter became a recluse,Danny was kicked out of the group and was last seen living rough on the streets of London.Jeremy Spencer around that time joined the moonies.I don't recognise the Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham combo as Fleetwood Mac.Fleetwood mac will always be Jeremy Spencer,Mick Fleetwood,John McVie,Danny Kirwan and of course the one and only Peter Green.In their prime they sold more records than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones combined.
  • Options
    Sold more records than the Beatles & Stones combined....where did you get that from?
  • Options
    Sold more records than the Beatles & Stones combined....where did you get that from?
    It was on a programme on BBC4 all about Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac.At the time of Albatross and other records they were outselling the Beatles and the stones combined.They have'nt out sold them in total over their career.Sorry that i didn't make that clear.

• Options
    Ah....right oh dick.....well many bands have of course out sold The Beatles & The Stones at various times in their existence.
    The Beatles have sold 1.3 billion albums to date (that's not including their singles back in their heyday).
    No one else has come close....though Led Zeppelin are second or third I believe.
    PR and management companies love to put out outlandish spin how certain bands have sold more than The Beatles/Stones/Elvis etc though this of course is just manipulation of figures.
    Saw Fleetwood Mac at Wembley about 20 years ago at a guess, a great band of course.
  • Options
    RIP.

I don't think Green needed any encouragement with regards to LSD intake.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Rip Bob.Fleetwood Mac back in the days of Peter Green were my favourite group.It was tragic what happened to that group after their trip to Germany.Both Peter Green and Danny Kirwan came back with mental health issues.Their drinks were spiked with LSD.Peter became a recluse,Danny was kicked out of the group and was last seen living rough on the streets of London.Jeremy Spencer around that time joined the moonies.I don't recognise the Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham combo as Fleetwood Mac.Fleetwood mac will always be Jeremy Spencer,Mick Fleetwood,John McVie,Danny Kirwan and of course the one and only Peter Green.In their prime they sold more records than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones combined.

Same for me DP I saw the BBC 4 documentary as well and was absolutely fantastic what was interesting was that it was obvious that Mick Fleetwood had a huge affection for the early days and especially Peter Green.
  • Options
    Just to add Peter has somewhat rehabilitated but poor Danny has disappeared how tragic. RIP Bob a real stalwwart of The Mac
  • Options
    Just to add Peter has somewhat rehabilitated but poor Danny has disappeared how tragic. RIP Bob a real stalwwart of The Mac
    RIP Bob.

Re Green - My mate (I play in a band with him) played alongside Green at some guitar 'do' last year (I think), he reported back that Green although still 'fragile' and a bit anxious (he was concerned where his coat was and asked his PR several times) seemed to be heading in the right direction, that said he still played beautifully!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last saw Peter Green playing with Gary Moore a few years back at Tunbridge Wells.

He was a shadow of the man he was, but still made his guitar sing and cry.
  • Options
    Too right addickted haven't seen him for years but in his pomp he was one of the few who really made the hairs stand up. One of the all time greats mind you to be the lead guitarist in The Bluesbreakers back in the day you had to be a bit good.