Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curtains - home fitting

Anyone know a curtain company they'd recommend that do a home visit/fitting service? I live in Greenwich in a new development with large floor to ceiling windows

Comments

• Options
    I dont know, but we're having curtain issues at the moment. Some measurements are per pair and some are per curtain and we're totally confused as to what we need length and width wise and part of me just wants someone to come in, measure, and make them for us!
  • Options
    Curtains?
    What is Charlton Life coming to.

It seems like curtains for the both of you.

;o)
  • Options
    Can you all just pull yourselves together
  • Options
    This is going to be a drawn out thread
  • Options
    Very amusing chaps - I knew I'd get comments like yours. But if I get one helpful response it would solve one problem on a still very long list after a very stressful move triggered by a heart problem.
  • Options
    Are you saying you have the curtains you just want someone to hang them?

As if were to make them could recommend two people but dont think i know anyone just for hanging. could try Angela here, she could prob recommend someone.

http://www.alminteriors.co.uk/window.html

• Options
    I don't have a beef with it.
  • Options
    I know a pole who might be able to help
  • Options
    I dont know, but we're having curtain issues at the moment. Some measurements are per pair and some are per curtain and we're totally confused as to what we need length and width wise and part of me just wants someone to come in, measure, and make them for us!
    Suzi, see if this is any help.

http://www.alternative-windows.com/measure.htm

For nets, you generally 3 x times the width of the window depending on the pattern.

(I knew this would come in useful one day)

• Options
    Thank you!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've used this firm twice and thay are very good..

http://designerdrapes.co/
  • Options
    I don't have a beef with it.
    It was only a matter of time...
  • Options
    Ta. Will try the contacts suggested. I don't have anything, fixture or curtain, and they are large floor to ceiling windows
  • Options
    I didn't have much idea what I wanted but they give good advice re curtains, poles, blinds etc. They have an extensive range of fabrics in the shop. Very helpful.
  • Options
    They also supply theatres with curtains so assume yours would be small fry.
  • Options
    Well then I would recommend Angela. She comes to your home and listens to ideas and she's also a local lady with a shop in Eltham so you can also go to the shop and look. Very approachable.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I know man at millets said 3 x for nets, but I think it's usual to have 2 x width for nets but really down to personal preference. For curtains (not nets!), go for 1.5 x width. Make sure you measure in centimetres too, not inches like I did and then had to try and convert! It's easier to get them made to measure but more expensive.
  • Options
    we did it in inches. conversion fail on my phone too. stress.
    thanks for the advice. when the shop says the measurements on the website but doesn't specify what it is but just a unit width - would that typically be a pair of curtains width or a single curtain and therefore you'd have to buy 2?
    i know I sound like a div, but we've gone from a flat with 3 windows with fitted blinds that were there before us, to a house with 7 windows!! I need to spare the neighbours the view of myself in the living room in my pjs!
  • Options
    If it wasn't for blinds it would be curtains for all of us!
  • Options
    thanks for the advice. when the shop says the measurements on the website but doesn't specify what it is but just a unit width - would that typically be a pair of curtains width or a single curtain and therefore you'd have to buy 2?
    i know I sound like a div, but we've gone from a flat with 3 windows with fitted blinds that were there before us, to a house with 7 windows!! I need to spare the neighbours the view of myself in the living room in my pjs!
    I've always taken the view that if the neighbours wanted to be spared the sight of me in my (non-existant) pj's they can foot the bill for the curtains
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've always taken the view that if the neighbours wanted to be spared the sight of me in my (non-existant) pj's they can foot the bill for the curtains
    It would be a bargain whatever the price Hugo!!!!
  • Options
    Curb_it
    Just looked at Angela's website - looks just right and about the right standard. Cheers
  • Options
    It would be a bargain whatever the price Hugo!!!!
    I rest my case
  • Options
    I sent you an inbox message with a bit more info. She's great.
  • Options
    I've used this firm twice and thay are very good..

http://designerdrapes.co/
    apart from when the first lot fell down and had to be replaced....
  • Options
    You are a laugh Mr One Lung.

Two separate house in fact, once they are up they stay up....unlike me in a different capacity!!!!!

• Options
    Every curtain has a silver lining.
  • Options
    I like roast beef curtains
  • Options
    With love gravy?
  • Options
    i have just ordered blinds from Hillarys, great service so far and i was able to barter them down £200...give them a try all quotes are free and no obligations ;-)