Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doing Disneyland Paris on the cheap?

edited June 2012 in Not Sports Related
Am looking at the possibility of taking my daughter to Disneyland Paris in the October half-term.

Any tips on getting good deals?

Comments

• Options
    Took my daugther at the same time of year, stayed at their " log cabin" park about 10 mins drive from the main park, free parking. Drove down via the tunnel. I think we had 3 nights and a four day pass. I can't remember how much it was, (7 years ago) but it was good value.
  • Options
    £430 for two of us three days park tickets,Eurostar and B&b two days back in feburary good price I thought but cold.
  • Options
    The plan is to take the Eurostar if we can.
  • Options
    Dream Castle Hotel only ten mins on free shuttle to Parks is a lot cheaper than the Disney Hotels but of course lacks that bit of magic. I booked the hotel through Booking.com. Park tickets through Disney.
  • Options
    Look out for deals. We went four years ago so this might not be much use, but we got two nights for the price of one and my son, who was under 7 was free for the hotel, the breakfast and the park ticket.
  • Options
    Also interested in cheap deals. Will post here if I find any.
  • Options
    Take an umbrella
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Try here. For arrivals until 7 Nov Save up to 30% on Disney Hotel & Park Tickets

Plus if you book by 28th June it's FREE for Kids under 12 - you can probably get free kids meals as well.

http://offers.disneylandparis.co.uk/index.xhtml?ecmp=y&cliczone=PLUS3&camid=Emailing&mauid=1203OUS2NO30GBBOEEM01
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Went via Eurostar a few years back for Sat, Sun, Monday. Arrived around 2pm left at around 5pm. Cost a bob or two (around a grand I think for two adults and two kids) Stayed in Hotel New York in the park (walking distance from Disney Village and the two parks) Passes to both Parks included.

I also went via Chunnel and drove earlier this year. (Easter Day) Stayed Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, returned Thurs. Hotel Sequoia Lodge in the park. Cost about £1400 (including Park Passes) plus Chunnel (£80 ish) then AA cover £90 plus fuel. The cost of Eurostar would have been another £500 approx.

I guess it depends on when you go.

Bear in mind that eating out at any of the Disney Restaurants are expensive and alternatives aren't much cheaper.

Many were going for half board which may well work out cheaper if you intend to eat in the park.

Both Hotels were decent but not spectacular. New York - 4 Star and Sequoia Lodge - 3 Star.

Both times we booked a family room which consisted of two doubles and ensuite bath/shower.
  • Options
    Got a really good package with Air France about three years ago - it might be worthwhile seeing what they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Theres also a Marriott hotel which is about 10/15 minutes away usually a lot cheaper . I've stayed there a few times the rooms are really smart , but once you're in the park , nothings cheap really

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pardp-marriotts-village-dlle-de-france/
  • Options
    Hardly a tip just more like common sense but whenever we go we take a rucksack into the park with things like cans of drink, crisps flask of tea / coffee etc. it can be a long day and if you have to eat and drink from the kiosks in the park you will end up spending a fortune before you start.
  • Options
    go midweek for smaller queues
  • Options
    Cheers all. Really useful. Will sit down and digest this then look to book something up at the weekend (and remortgage the house to afford it ;-)
  • Options
    If you fancy driving over and camping, then this place looks good:
    http://www.camping-jablines.com

They sell 2 day passes to Disneyland as well.
  • Options
    I reckon we got the best bargain when we came over in January. My mum collected vouchers out of the Sun for us and we got tickets for 9 pounds each. That included taking the car over on the ferry and one days entry into the parks. I think we paid a couple of hundred for two nights accommodation in the Davy Crocket log cabin resort which was fantastic. We had one day in the parks and got a train into Paris on the other day. Only other expense was petrol, and it was a much longer drive from Calais than I thought! Brilliant value, it might be worth looking out for if they offer the same deal again.
  • Options
    other expense was petrol, and it was a much longer drive from Calais than I thought
    If you think it's a long drive you should try cycling it lol
  • Options
    Simple - don't eat in Disneyland, take your own food, they have a captive audience.
  • Options
    One final tip from me. Not sure how old your daughter is but you must try to eat once at Cafe Mickey in Disney Village. You will need to book and you can do so by phone before you go. Not very cheap of course but allow £25 per adult. What do you get with your burgers or fish and chips ? The kids get to interact with Disney characters who wander around during your meal so lots of photo opportunities and the kids love it. Well worth the effort IMHO.
  • Options
    Yeah...right SHG: "The kids get to interact.......".
    Who's YOUR favourite ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah...right SHG: "The kids get to interact.......".
    Who's YOUR favourite ?

Definitely Hook
  • Options
    Don't ask Eeyore for his signature, as he can't hold a pen.
  • Options
    Don't ask Eeyore for his signature, as he can't hold a pen.
    Or Tigger, you'll get striped up.