Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great day

MCSMCS
edited February 2007 in General Charlton
So I had a great day on sat for obvious reasons, although the day was an excellent piss up. In the café at half 10 with Morts genius, mortain and mrs mortain, then straight round pub from café smerking a doobie (I couldn't even hardly smoke it as my nerves were in tatters all morning) but in the pub at about 11.05, paulbaconsarnie already there top man.

Was good to meet more lifers, Stu of se7, jimbrannin, and nice to see other lifers in the bugle, ketters, peakeyrocket, cheeseroll, stanmore, westside, carter, carlsberg, sco, bobbolder, hillsy up. By the time I was floating down the hill to the valley I was mangled, smerked the rest of me spliff (I think, I must of!!) by then I was rocking.

After the game, more beers, all credit to mortain for being a good sport, as paul bacon has said alteady, I couldn't of done that! I went home via the chippy, lovely chips and wedge and piece of chicken. Then had some chinese that my Ma had ordered, ledge.

All in all great day on beer, and again credit to a very mangled mortain who also was made to watch motd, I would of been pig sick. Also, his hands, blood from all the happy clapping in the second half, I have piccy evidence too.

Anyway, this is for you afka, your the lucky stay away charm dood!!! Where are ya heading off to next weekend?

Comments

• Options
    You forgot this bit........
  • Options
    Oh stone, i remember scaring of 1905 at half time whilst talking to you, sorry bout that!

great pic btw
  • Options
    Dude I cannot belieev you done Mortain with that Jacket shot mate, class !

BTW during all four goals on Saturday me Carlsberg Carter & your Brother where having a four way hug jumping up & down, must of looked well gay, but brill nevertheless. Good to see Si out..!
  • Options
    Gay.. But good!!!

I thought it was more about male bonding than homosexuality!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah i was most pleased with my treatment of Mortains jacket in front of the whole pub!! Fair play to him tho, top man he is.

lol, and your smoking turd was ace carter you sickfuk!
  • Options
    She was a monster!!!

That one has gotta be the benchmark now!!!!
  • Options
    Eeeewww I remember getting that text on the way home, disgusting..!
  • Options
    Good to meet many new other lifers in the Bugle pre match.

Was a laugh and full respect to Mortain ( who i suspect hasn't been on today!) who was a good laugh and took MCS's vandalism of his jacket well!

MCS- amazed you remembered the names mate!
  • Options
    i know, i dont no how! i have a shite memory but for some reason i am very good with names and faces!
  • Options
    There was some dodgy looking bloke with a suspect beard in the Bugle before the game - standing to the right of the door under the telly. Looked all very mudjahadeen to me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that was me off it dood, well it must of been! shoulda come say hello! was you in there early doors, as i caught a bloke with a red hooded top on lookin at me for, i thought it was stu from se7 but alas it wasnt? was it you offy?
  • Options
    Great day indeed!

Good to meet Badger and Sco and finally work out who Tavern is!!

PS Curb It no more snogging in The Oak please ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]that was me off it dood, well it must of been! shoulda come say hello! was you in there early doors, as i caught a bloke with a red hooded top on lookin at me for, i thought it was stu from se7 but alas it wasnt? was it you offy?

Me in a red hoodie? Nah mate!
    Yeah, I guessed it was you - you're famous you know! (was only joking about the mudjahadeen bit!)
    I got there about midday. Was standing at the bar round that side towards the bogs, then we moved round a bit to where the tables are. I was with Cuff, Hillsy Up, Spanish Dave, Stop Shouting (Big Punisher) and a couple of other herberts.
  • Options
    i wasnt snogging, cheeky, far too old for that.

When was the last time you heard singing in the Oak like that long after the final whistle. Normally empties out after an hour but was still packed till much later. Lots of old songs being sung.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]then we moved round a bit to where the tables are

i was in the middle of the 2 groups,with morts-genius,paulbaconsarnie+family,cheeseroll,stanmore and my little girl.first time she had been in a pub and loved all the singing before the game.i must remember that guinness is not a soft drink.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i wasnt snogging, cheeky, far too old for that.

When was the last time you heard singing in the Oak like that long after the final whistle. Normally empties out after an hour but was still packed till much later. Lots of old songs being sung.[/quote]

Agreed. Was a cracking atmosphere. It was as packed at 7pm as you would expect it to be at 1pm
  • Options
    Anyone else remember singing to Ollie on Saturday??

to the tune of Goodbye Horse....

Also, outside the Oak after the game, the Chrissy Powell lookalike delighted his fans with not one, but TWO heave ho's running from in the pub to outside of it...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WAHHHHEEYYYYYYY!!!!

what a top bloke
  • Options
    He is my fave. Just takes it all in his stride now, "come here chrissy give us a hug"... he's a palace fan too.

i thought goodbye horse was being sung to the copper that had come in?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]He is my fave. Just takes it all in his stride now, "come here chrissy give us a hug"... he's a palace fan too.

i thought goodbye horse was being sung to the copper that had come in?

it had in the oak but in the bugle before Ollie started getting sung at about his beard and i think even people who didnt know him joined in!!

"Old bill, give us a wave, old bill old bill give us a wave"

and by jove, the driver of the meat wagon actually did!!
  • Options
    Was it not 'goodbye beard, goodbye beard, as it said goodbye to his beard'

That was just after I arrived iirc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was indeed goodbye beard!!
  • Options
    oh fook yeah goodbye beard, quality
  • Options
    Ah, it's gradually coming back!
  • Options
    Highlight of the day for me, seeing chris "awoooga" akabusi in the antigallican after the tw*t of a landlord wouldn't let my old man in the bugle.

Result aside, had a good one as was absolutely wrecked.