Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Revamp of Valley Gold scheme - Higher ticket priority and tour of Training Ground

2»

Comments

• Options
    My dad joined midway through last season. 1st week in the draw he won £150.
  • Options
    It's not about the winning though is it?

It's that warm feeling that comes from doing something to help our team for the future.

But winning helps I suppose. ;o)
  • Options
    Definitely thinking of the positives and the players I've bought.

But a small return would be gratefuly accepted.
  • Options
    I've never won on the Natonal Lottery. Never bought a ticket, mind, but even so!
  • Options
    I think a points system for away priority would be good. Valley Gold members could start on 200 points, season ticket holders 100, and then you could get 5 points for home cup ties or any additional tickets bought under that customer's number, 10 points for away games etc. So for instance they could then extend priority to people on 150 points (ie. season ticket holders who have been to 5 away games), for popular games like Brighton away.

That would mean that first priority would go to season ticket holders who have attended a decent number of away games.
  • Options
    Not much of an improvement - two ticket priority for the first 500 tickets only. Discount in store reduced from 10% to 5%. Some of the benefits already exist.
  • Options
    I think a points system for away priority would be good. Valley Gold members could start on 200 points, season ticket holders 100, and then you could get 5 points for home cup ties or any additional tickets bought under that customer's number, 10 points for away games etc. So for instance they could then extend priority to people on 150 points (ie. season ticket holders who have been to 5 away games), for popular games like Brighton away.

That would mean that first priority would go to season ticket holders who have attended a decent number of away games.
    I don't see the need for a points system, realistically we aren't going to sell out any games bar maybe palace and millwall before it reaches general sale. Brighton give teams 3500 tickets this season I think and I'm led to believe they can only play London teams at home on week nights, which has been the case the last 2 times we've played them away
  • Options

I don't see the need for a points system, realistically we aren't going to sell out any games bar maybe palace and millwall before it reaches general sale. Brighton give teams 3500 tickets this season I think and I'm led to believe they can only play London teams at home on week nights, which has been the case the last 2 times we've played them away
    True. I'm thinking more about if we get promoted again in the next few years. Such a scheme would then work well in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Past and voluminous threads about the unfairness of the ticket allocation system seem to have greatly exercised people which suggests that a prioritising system is needed. In the future this will come to mean if you've got the dosh, anything is possible, if you're hard up then bye bye. The money that Sky and BT has sloshed about this season will distort even further the finances of football clubs and Charlton does unfortunately have to operate in what others see fit to call the real world. (Exits stage left humming the Hovis chorus)
  • Options
    Although welcome, there isn't a great deal of change except for the ticket priority bit.

The one change I would love to see is being able to get my VG ST discount, when renewing online. At the moment there is no facility for this. Now that would be a great help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In light of the new ownership, I do question (as a VG member since inception with no prizes won) whether the scheme should exist at all. When the club was owned by fellow fans ( albeit rich ones), there was a greater sense of being 'all in it together'.

However I now seriously question whether I want to pay £120 pa to fund the development of talent whose transfer would effectively line the pockets of Tony Jimenez and pals. Given they bought the club almost certainly for financial enrichment ultimately, the alignment of interests no longer exists.
  • Options
    Discount in store reduced from 10% to 5%. .
    Can't see that in the article. Where is that confirmed Maglor?

• Options

bought my boys new kit in shop used valley gold card and definately 5% DISCOUNT NOT 10% ANYMORE.

• Options

bought my boys new kit in shop used valley gold card and definately 5% DISCOUNT NOT 10% ANYMORE.

Maybe due to the margins associated with the Nike kit ? If Just Sport are running our whole commercial operation then perhaps they won't allow a 10% discount
  • Options

Maybe due to the margins associated with the Nike kit ? If Just Sport are running our whole commercial operation then perhaps they won't allow a 10% discount
    That seems quite likely. Still the kit does have a nice tick on it.

• Options

Thanks, seems odd that that is not mentioned in the OS article on the revamp. Would have thought that was a significant change.

• Options

True. I'm thinking more about if we get promoted again in the next few years. Such a scheme would then work well in the Premier League.
    I still doubt we will sell out certain games then before general sale, if you look through previous valley reviews when we were in the premiershit games still didn't sell out before general sale.
  • Options

Thanks, seems odd that that is not mentioned in the OS article on the revamp. Would have thought that was a significant change.

It was, also mentions you get a crossbars discount too
  • Options
    I cancelled mine after the Swindon play off debacle.

Won £500 a few years ago so probably broke even.
  • Options
    TCE - Be warned you could wait a long time for your number to come up.
    25 years I've been in VG now and not a bean so far :-)
    I know you have mentioned it once or twice ; )