Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday 5PM - Poland v Czech Republic - Preview/Match Thread

Saturday 5pm - Poland v Czech Republic – Preview/match thread
FIFA Rankings

Czech Republic – 27
Poland – 62

All eyes turn to the conclusion of group A, which could leave Greece fans gnawing their knuckles and hoping for a draw should they themselves gain a surprise victory over group leaders Russia.
Poland have drawn both their last two group games and that will be enough to see them through if the Russians do their part and keep Greece bottom, however the Czech Republic will be looking to instead break the mini draw trend by causing a defeat and sentencing the Polish to be neutrals for the rest of the tournament.

Tactics/Team news

Poland are expected to be fiercely pushing for a win but will have to wary of the energy and speed this Czech side possesses and will look to utilize the recent striking form of Lewandowski to fire them through to the QF’s.
Poland will need a very determined performance to overcome the Czechs and, unlike previous games, will need to keep that determination level high for 90+ minutes as any lapse in concentration is likely to bear severe punishment.
They will be relying on their main players, such as Piszczek, Blaszczykowski and Robert Lewandowski, to perform among a mostly average side.
Szczesny returns from suspension although he may miss out after a less than convincing performance against Greece.

The Czechs showed a positive attacking performance and grabbed two very early goals which was vital to their win (cough told ya so ;0) cough) but look set to lose Thomas Rosicky due to injury which could affect their attacking play and disrupt previous fluidity in attacking moves.
Defensive midfielder Hubschman provided a better balance to the side which will be vital in this crucial crunch game.
Milan Baros hasn’t performed aswell as expected so threats from the wings should continue to be the Czechs main output in attack.

One to watch

Blaszczykowski – The Polish winger will be looking to get behind the Czech defence and help provide service for Lewandowski.

Hubschman – Will be hoping to strengthen the spine of the Czech side and provide a strong foundation for the team to move forward in front of a passionate home crowd.

Prediction

An exciting end to end game with both sides possessing effective looking attacking outlets but Poland standing strong with just a little bit more grit, determination and the will of the crowd behind them.

Poland 3 – 2 Czech Republic

Comments

• Options
    Come on Czech Republic!

I bought you for £50!
  • Options
    Come on Czech Republic!

I bought you for £50!
    You could buy the Greek budget deficit for less
  • Options
    I thought both games kickoff at 7.45 to stop any potential match fixing?
  • Options
    Czech Rep V Poland 1-2 score ( 9-1 BetVictor )
    Lewendowski to score anytime ( 2-1 Betfair )
    Both teams to score ( 8-11 Betfair)
  • Options

A point will not take Poland into the next round! A point will see Poland eliminated from the tournament.
  • Options
    Poland are playing above expectations, the Czechs have so far disappointed .. Poland 2 v Czech Republic 1
  • Options
    Sorry all, read the group table wrong
  • Options
    Lewandowski/Poland 13/2
    Lewandowski/Czech 40/1
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You need to remember that both games in the final matches of the group stage kick off at the same time , so both games tonight are 1945 one on beeb one which is this one and one on beeb three at 1945
  • Options
    I was going to say isn't it 7.45 not 5!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poland 1 - 0 Czech Republic
  • Options
    You need to remember that both games in the final matches of the group stage kick off at the same time , so both games tonight are 1945 one on beeb one which is this one and one on beeb three at 1945
    Why is that? It's bloody irritating!

• Options
    It avoids the possibility of a stitch up á la Germany-Austria a few years ago whereby they contrived a draw to ensure they both qualified.
  • Options
    It avoids the possibility of a stitch up á la Germany-Austria a few years ago whereby they contrived a draw to ensure they both qualified.
    Ah that makes sense, I guess.
  • Options
    It avoids the possibility of a stitch up á la Germany-Austria a few years ago whereby they contrived a draw to ensure they both qualified.</blockquote

wasn't it fantastic to watch that game? I remember it well
  • Options
    Nice to see the Poles keeping faith with Rodney Charlton Trotter between the sticks!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    It's going to be very confusing trying to watch both matches together since they both seem to involve at team in all white playing a team in all red
  • Options
    You wouldn't have thought that both these teams needs to win this game it's a yawn fest
  • Options
    the Poles look like they have serious stage fright, the Czech look like the only winners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Russia and Poland out If both games stay the same
  • Options
    Travesty if it stays like this, how have the czechs topped this group?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How close was that!
  • Options
    Because they got the most points?
  • Options
    Because they got the most points?
    I realise this, no need to be a smartarse.

They were shite against Russia, and weren't exactly great shakes against Poland or Greece, yet they've managed to top this group. Shows how lax the Russians were against Greece, they threw it away tonight
  • Options
    Had a cheeky bet on the Czechs to win 1-0 @9/1 just before ko.....just as well really as it covered my lost bets on Poland and Russia!!!