Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Nalbandian goes wibble

did anyone see the strop he had in the tennis at the mens final Queens Club

he booted a board near the line judge and his follow through cut the linos leg and he has been defaulted

the linos reaction was classic as well , he took a right dive but his leg was bleeding

Comments

• Options
    crowd weren't happy at all but the rules state he has to be defaulted

sue barker then interviewed him and he showed little remorse and just went off into a rant about the ATP

really bizarre
  • Options
    just seen this, he's f**kin mental!!
  • Options
    Stupid, lino made it look like attempted assassination.
    At the end of the day its the fans who are punished, because some blokes leg gets a knock.

Looks pathetic, should change the rules, and get the line judge to take a man test before he's let near any sport again.
    Distinct lack of the Y chromosome in that bloke.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    for some reason the crowd cheers nalbandian more than cillic absolutely bizzare
  • Options
    I didn't see any over reaction from the line judge , in fact i thought he did well not to go apeshit. That must have bloody hurt. Right decision - Disqualification.
  • Options
    The ATP bloke interviewed afterwards was a lively character
  • Options
    did anyone see the strop he had in the tennis at the mens final Queens Club

he booted a board near the line judge and his follow through cut the linos leg and he has been defaulted

the linos reaction was classic as well , he took a right dive but his leg was bleeding

Where did the guy take a "right dive" ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Stupid, lino made it look like attempted assassination.
    At the end of the day its the fans who are punished, because some blokes leg gets a knock.

Looks pathetic, should change the rules, and get the line judge to take a man test before he's let near any sport again.
    Distinct lack of the Y chromosome in that bloke.
    Seriously - watch it again and tell me how you came to that conclusion. The guys in his 50's and has just been kicked at full pelt with a lump of wood by an athlete in his 20's. If you see later shots his leg is covered in blood.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    beds the youtube clip doesn't show the lino taking the step /dive rollover after he's injured
  • Options
    beds the youtube clip doesn't show the lino taking the step /dive rollover after he's injured
    I know i saw it but taking dive implies he faked it.
  • Options
    Hope the fella is ok, but good to see a bit of aggro back in tennis. Might get more people watching it, if there were a few more characters like Nastase and McEnroe.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubsEAS1rqo

Drops off the chair like a sack of spuds, and then gets right back up.
    Not doubting it hurt, but he overreacted in my books.

So his leg gets a bit bloody?? It made for an embarrassing spectacle. Silly rules, silly reaction.
  • Options
    Do see how it's silly to disqualify him, if you kicked someone like that on a football pitch you'd be sent off.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    To those criticising the line judges reaction, I have to disagree. The Lino wasn't looking at Nalbandian and so the whole thing would have been a shock - and that will have bloody well hurt at first. He's reacted without thought - just as you may curl up or writhe when under attack.
    The only thing I'd level against the Lino is that he didn't seem too happy to accept Nalbandian's repeated attempts at apologies. His intent obviously wasn't to hurt him, so he should have accepted that, but even then he may well have been (rightly IMO) royally pissed off.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Do see how it's silly to disqualify him, if you kicked someone like that on a football pitch you'd be sent off.
    But surely they've just done the same thing here...except he hasn't got 10 mates to carry on in his absence!!

;-)
  • Options
    No question, he had to be defaulted. The real losers are the spectators, I don't know what other punishment could have been enforced though?
  • Options
    How is it a silly rule? He physically injured a referee - would you expect a football player to stay on if did something similar to a lino? I think the lin judges reaction is perfectly understandable as he'd have been in pain and in shock and I doubt many of us would be in the mood to accept an apology seconds after someone's just totally needlessly put a gash in our leg.

It was a petulant and childish act by a fully grown professional - part of the sporting ethos is about respect and discipline if you don't adhere to that then you have every right to be punished.
  • Options
    But surely they've just done the same thing here...except he hasn't got 10 mates to carry on in his absence!!

;-)
    Sorry - it was meant to say "don't see..." - damn iPhone !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sign him up.
  • Options
    Looks like he didnt mean to kick the official, but the boxing which surrounded him. Obviously misjudged the stability and weight of the blue bordering which lead him to follow through and kick the man. Dont agree that the match should have been abandoned because he didnt intend to hurt him
  • Options
    Should get 10 game ban and the Lino should sue the bugger - assault
  • Options
    Looks like he didnt mean to kick the official, but the boxing which surrounded him. Obviously misjudged the stability and weight of the blue bordering which lead him to follow through and kick the man. Dont agree that the match should have been abandoned because he didnt intend to hurt him
    Exactly how i see it. Spectators done nothing to deserve an abandonment.

• Options
    If a petulant twat did that to me while I was line judge he'd get a left hook for his trouble old as I am....
  • Options
    It was a mistake, he seemed to realise that. Nonetheless, it was bad enough in its consequences to see him default. Hard on the fans, and generally a mess the whole way round, but thems the breaks!
  • Options
    He didn't mean to hurt the bloke but the rules are very clear on it and a similar thing happened to Henman a few years ago when he accidentally hit a ball girl. And then when Nalbandylegs was interviewed he slagged off the ATP so he is obviously a bit of an idiot. Tough on the crowd though.
  • Options
    Sort of what you'd expect from an Argentinian - attack while no one's looking - then get in a child-like strop when it all goes pear-shaped.
    He should offer ro repay the fans' admission costs.
  • Options
    But what was the silly little 'advertising' board there for in the first place, apparently for that terrible issue of a ball 'under a chair'......
    Of course there was a time when the game of tennis, banned all logos and wearing coloured shirts etc........
    As it is our new kit manufacturers, perhaps Powley's technical area will a 'little advertising fenced off type of affair' in the next few years, and we can all go home early when some player 'collides' with it, because 'some one has a split nail'. What is the world coming to when a tennis player cannot be 'petulant'. John 'mac' where are you, in our hour of need.......
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If a petulant twat did that to me while I was line judge he'd get a left hook for his trouble old as I am....
    I am immensely relieved that neither you nor my hubby have reached the exalted status of line judge ;-)