Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cal Crutchlow - Moto GP Silverstone

Did anyone else see Cal race on Sunday? He broke and dislocated his left ankle in free practise on Friday which meant he couldn’t take part in qualifying on Saturday, his team convinced the stewards and doctors that he could race on Sunday, they agreed but he had to start at the back of the grid, 20th place. So they gave him pain killing injections, the ankle he cracked and dislocated was his gear change foot, and Cal came 6th, beating Rossi etc. he looked like he was gonna crash every corner, not bad for a lad with a knackered ankle!
It had to be one of the best rides I have ever seen in following bike racing for 35 years. He is getting closer to being the first Englishman to win a race in the Blue Riband event since Sheene in 1984.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree Geenie - quite simply an awesome ride - what dedication, and an excellent response from the Silverstone crowd.
  • Options
    Was a blinder. The pain that these riders ride through should put any athlete to shame, especially footballers. There have been times when riders have been basically strappped onto their bikes because they can't walk but still want to ride. Mental!
  • Options
    Put the other riders at risk by riding when not fit to do so.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Spot on DRF
    Isle of Man TT's Ian Hutchinson rode with a broken leg, when he was not on the bike he needs a stick to walk. amazing guy, as well.
    Mr One Lung - no it doesnt - did you watch the race?
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Any of you know Guy Martin? Saw a brilliant documentary on him on Virgin Atlantic. Bloke is a right nutter but a proper lad.
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Why zzzzzzz?
    I like MotoGp and obviously hope he gets a win, but they lied to get the race place.
    Dangerous enough sport as it is.

What if the next racer lies about blurred vision following a concussion?

• Options
    Except that the track medical staff passed him fit so this is not true.
  • Options
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Why zzzzzzz?
    I like MotoGp and obviously hope he gets a win, but they lied to get the race place.
    Dangerous enough sport as it is.

What if the next racer lies about blurred vision following a concussion?

He was passed fit to race by the MO, also zzzz because we get a bloke who has the potential to win a race for the first time in 30 years, he had one of the best rides most have ever seen in the British GP, and as usual someone has to find a poxy negative with it!! Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Brilliant ride, top man as well.

Only on CL can you get a negative comment about something like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was only going on what was reported after the race when he said they deliberately didnt tell the race executive that he had a fractured ankle as they would automatically block him from racing. If he then passed a fitness test then fair enough - but he admitted he lied to try and race. Stand by my point.

well done on 6th place.
  • Options
    Amazing racinging, although the fact that a bloke on a busted ankle cut through the whole CRT field in one lap does make me wonder whether that experiment is really working.

I can't agree about the risk thing. There's a publicity spin: he was at the Clinica Mobile at Silverstone who would doubtlessly know he had a fractured ankle and the race exec would be made aware. Lorenzo got a Yamaha on the podium in one of his first races with two busted ankles. Cal was just trying to come over as a bit rogueish with the press by saying he lied about it, the authorities would be more than aware of his condition. Bit of risk taking can only be a good thing in a sport that has become a bit sanitized in the last few years.

Meanwhile well done to @reddingpower for his podium in the Moto2 and to just about everyone involved in a mental Moto3 race in which there were very few crashes despite there being a leading pack of 7-11 for most of the race.
  • Options
    Amazing racinging, although the fact that a bloke on a busted ankle cut through the whole CRT field in one lap does make me wonder whether that experiment is really working.

I can't agree about the risk thing. There's a publicity spin: he was at the Clinica Mobile at Silverstone who would doubtlessly know he had a fractured ankle and the race exec would be made aware. Lorenzo got a Yamaha on the podium in one of his first races with two busted ankles. Cal was just trying to come over as a bit rogueish with the press by saying he lied about it, the authorities would be more than aware of his condition. Bit of risk taking can only be a good thing in a sport that has become a bit sanitized in the last few years.

Meanwhile well done to @reddingpower for his podium in the Moto2 and to just about everyone involved in a mental Moto3 race in which there were very few crashes despite there being a leading pack of 7-11 for most of the race.
    Agree with the above Morts, I love watching Redding backing it into corners, I just wish Gino Rea was more on the pace, now he is a total nutter!
  • Options
    watched the race with Mrs RM (its her favourite sport bar none) and have to say I was more than impressed with Carl....well done sir that was some ride.