Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mirror Sport Experts - Who'll win Championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    I just want to stay up ... Anything else is a bonus... I think we will do well and I think we will be mid table maybe even better depending on signings ...

But ... Staying up is absolute priority ...
  • Options
    Bolton are probably the obviously bet, although I have to say I fancy the massive might be in the shake up after the way they finished last season. Will be interesting to see what price they are.
  • Options
    I just want to stay up ... Anything else is a bonus... I think we will do well and I think we will be mid table maybe even better depending on signings ...

But ... Staying up is absolute priority ...
    This. I think next season could be a lot tougher than some are expecting.
  • Options
    Bottom third - just hope it is higher end of the bottom third.
  • Options
    Higher than Palace and Millwall and I will be happy as Larry
  • Options
    stay up and win at Selhurst and the Den and I'll be a happy man
  • Options
    I expect a couple of decent signings and with a defence that I think will be the best in the league - I can't see why some are so pessimistic. I'm really looking forward to next season and am expecting us to be very competetive. I don't think we should put pressure on the team with expectations though - If we come mid table so be it - but I can't see it - we have some terrific hungry players and the age of the squad suggests to me that we are going to get improvement. I think automatics promotion again is a real possibility that should not be so readily discounted.
  • Options
    fancy us to finish in the bottom third like others, aslong as we stay up I'm happy.
  • Options
    Bottom third too. Will be a lot tougher than everyone thinks.
  • Options
    Mirror Sport Experts - An oxymoron if ever there was one!
    Police intelligence?

Don't let Dazzler see this!!!

yeah I can't get into the police due to my brothers criminal record.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I expect a couple of decent signings and with a defence that I think will be the best in the league .
    do you really think we have the best defence in the Championship right now or do you mean with a couple of signings it could be the best ? I'd disagree with the former but agree with the later
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    As someone else said higher up the thread, Blackburn are just passin' through the Championship on their way to League One.

They only stayed so long in the Premiership because of Walker's money and once he passed away and his trust sold the club then it was only a matter of time before they slid down the leagues.

At best Blackburn are a mid-table CCC side, probably smaller than us actually, I reckon their fan base will drop well below 15,000 this season.
    Sorry to be pedantic Ormy, but Blackburn had 2 years back in the 2nd tier at the end of the 90's/start of the 2000's. Sadly, Jack didn't live long enough to see them promoted back to the top flight.

I think the fact that they never exploited their success after winning the title, by not really spending the necessary to be a true force in English & European football for a long time, was their overall undoing.

I agree that they could well free-fall, & certainly more-so if those Venky jokers decide to cut their losses & ditch them.

On topic, I'd take survival. It's nice to be tipped, & a Norwich/Southampton-like rise would be phenomenal, but anything else (barring the dreaded drop) is a bonus at this stage in the rebuilding of our great club.
  • Options
    Mirror Sport Experts - An oxymoron if ever there was one!
    Police intelligence?

European rapid reaction force