Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Hollands Leaving? (ed. 3month loan to Gillingham)

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Taken from a cuurent CAFC Auction on Ebay

This auction is for a pair of football boots worn by Charlton Athletic midfielder Danny Hollands.

The boots, a pair of Nike CTR360s in size 9.5 (UK sizes), were supplied the day after he played his final game for the club on May 5th - the day that the Addicks lifted the League One title in 2011/12.

They are match-worn (still have grass on the studs!), and have been signed by Hollands along the back of each boot. They also feature his squad number, 22.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-Danny-Hollands-football-boots-Charlton-Athletic-/280904330001?pt=UK_Football_Rugby_Boots&hash=item416733eb11

Hoping it is just a badly worded description.

Comments

• Options
    I think they mean last game of the season

I hope
  • Options
    Think (Hope) it is just a badly-worded advert.
    As I said on another thread, at the POTY I had a good 20 minute chat with DH and he seemed to feel "at home" with CAFC.
    As I said before, felt bad that I didn't vote for him: I voted Bradley !
  • Options
    Yep..Matt Wright has confirmed its a typo on Twitter,
  • Options
    It would be a novel way of announcing a departure- on ebay lol
  • Options
    Danny has joined Gillingham on loan until January 4th. Hope it goes well for him. Would still love to see him get a crack here at some stage.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Danny has joined Gillingham on loan until January 4th. Hope it goes well for him. Would still love to see him get a crack here at some stage.

He's has a few cracks now and I'm really not sure he's good enough. Wish him well at Gillingham though.

• Options
    Good luck to him. Think it is quite clear to see that he will be looking for a new club next season though.
  • Options
    Hope things work out for him.
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Really like him, true team player and 100% player. Not sure he has the ability to really be a top Championship player but I do worry that we have lost a number of real team players in Hollands, Waggy, Taylor etc...one of the main reasons for our success in the League 1 season was the number of never say die leaders in the team
  • Options

Good luck to him. Really like him, true team player and 100% player. Not sure he has the ability to really be a top Championship player but I do worry that we have lost a number of real team players in Hollands, Waggy, Taylor etc...one of the main reasons for our success in the League 1 season was the number of never say die leaders in the team

When we're back in L1, we'll re-sign them all :-)

I'm surprised Hollands hasn't left on a permanent deal, maybe his Charlton contract is more than any current L1 club is willing to pay?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to danny Hollands , lets be honest he has been shat on at Charlton . Always gives his best , works hard and try's to win , the gills are getting a good addition to their squad well done.
  • Options
    Good signing for Gillingham.

A bit of service for Cody Mcdonald and they should survive
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good luck Danny! I have his shirt from last game of league one season!
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Can't see he has been shat on. Management did not deem him good enough for championship so did not play him, that's the life of a footballer.
  • Options
    Odd. With all our players for sale and all that.
  • Options
    good luck to Danny, he did well for us
  • Options
    Nice guy and I wish him well at the Gills.
  • Options
    Good luck Danny - never put a foot wrong for us in terms of commitment etc. Loads of people who know you from schooldays in Sunbury wishing you all the best
  • Options
    We really wish him well, despite going to Gillingham. A totally honest pro and nice guy as well.
  • Options
    One of my favourite players from our Div 1 winning team. Still don't feel he's been given a fair crack of the whip in the Championship. Good luck Danny!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to Danny.
  • Options
    I gathered from this movement that Jordan Cousins has taken his chance.
  • Options
    the OS is saying that the club have withdrawn permission for Danny to play in their FA Cup game - curious?
    (It's at the bottom of the Dillon Phillips news item)
  • Options

the OS is saying that the club have withdrawn permission for Danny to play in their FA Cup game - curious?

Stephens off in January ;0)

• Options
    He's still our player and we can impose what conditions we choose .. this is insurance to ensure we have adequate cover for our Wembley cup semi v West Ham
  • Options
    Makes sense, better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Stephens off in January ;0)

or Cousins.

On the other hand we might want to rest key players given that we don't "do" cups....
  • Options
    Fair enough really, would be different if it was a season long loan.
  • Options

Makes perfect sense if we are "Sweating the asset" then not being cup tied would work in our favour if we looking to let him go on a permanent deal in the january window

• Options
    I think Danny Hollands could play for a top ten Premier League side and is our ticket for the promised land so that's probably the reason. #baller