Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blue Mugs

No not a thread about Millwall or the Conservative party but rather about my lack of inclination to use any item that is blue or blue and white. Last week my wife bought a set of six mugs. Two red and white, two black and white and two blue and white. Whenever I go to the cupboard to collect a mug in order to make a cuppa I would never dream of picking up one of the blue and white ones. I have even declined using them when the four other new mugs are in the dishwasher and picked up an older mug. Why ? This oddity even extends to when I choose a new toothbrush which in preference will be red and white but never blue and white Why ? The ice scraper I have in my cars glove box is red and white. My torch in the same glove box is red. Oddly enough this blue aversion doesn't extend to clothes where I am more than happy to wear blue. Football shirts of course excluded. Does anyone else have similar issues or is it just me that's a bit bonkers.

Comments

• Options
    Bonkers mate.....just joking, I'm sitting here in blue cords and blue and white t-shirt, that said I do prefer my Charlton mug to all the others.
  • Options
    Everone knows Tea/Coffee taste better coming from a red mug .
  • Options
    It's ridiculous SHG. But I'm the same.
  • Options
    Leading up to the millwall away game I refused to use anything blue. I went to put my boxers on and realized they were blue so put them back and wore a different colour.

It's turns out that that superstition didn't work as we got mullered.
  • Options
    When my son was younger he had his room decorated like this:

A couple of years later he decided that blue was his favourite colour and had it painted a really dark shade of blue. He still supported Charlton and kept his season ticket, he just liked a different colour. I couldn't understand it at all. It was complete madness to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I actually barely own any red. Doesn't affect me.

I do like red animals though, strangely.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Snap !! Even worse if it's red and blue !! I won't go near anything that shares those two colours!
  • Options
    Snap !! Even worse if it's red and blue !! I won't go near anything that shares those two colours!
    Oh Christ that's started off something else now.
  • Options
    Its why I dissaprove of Royalty - all that blue blood!
  • Options
    How did you do the motif stig?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I borrowed a projector from work, screened the image onto the wall and lightly sketched around it with a pencil. Then I just filled it in with acrylic paints.
  • Options
    Nice. Looks brilliant.
  • Options
    Cheers Rodney. It did look good, it's now hidden under a layer of blue paint :-( My only solace is that perhaps one day we'll sell the house and someone will have the joy of finding it.
  • Options
    In Thailand bottles of beer are put in a condom (no it's not that, it's a plastic container which helps to keep the beer cool). They are often made up of two colours. I was recently given a red and blue one and refused it. Fortunately, my friend can speak excellent Thai and was able to explain to the waitress why I didn't want a red and blue one. She wasn't even slightly phased by this, of course.
  • Options
    It's pleasing to know there are plenty of lifers just as weird as I am.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Be tough for someone to find if its under paint rather than wall paper shame as its a work of art!
  • Options
    It's pleasing to know there are plenty of lifers just as weird as I am.
    Its scary

• Options
    Red for me. Don't like supporting any blue team. I can see the Cardiff owners point of view :-)
  • Options
    could you pass the blindfold test ? .. does the red colouring have a different feel to the red .. does the rosielee taste better from the red rather than from the blue or black ?
  • Options
    I suspect it's like Coca Cola where people regularly fail to pick it in taste tests but still swear blind that it tastes better because of all the psychological connotations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i dont watch blue movies.
  • Options
    i dont watch blue movies.
    They make be break out in convulsions.
  • Options
    I have just had to pop into Immingham on a little bitta biz. Whilst there, I parked next to a Andrews/Sykes van. Guess what colour is their livery ... clue .. it IS NOT red, not any shade of red on the entire van.
  • Options
    Funnily enough, i don't wear red (apart from charlton shirts). As far as any home items go, i will always choose red over blue and will definitely avoid anything that is red & blue.
  • Options
    Hadn't realised why I was slightly ambivalent about wearing my new blue and white Adidas trainers til I read this thread. It's almost like I'm wearing a Millwall shirt on my feet!

And if I drank rum I just know it wouldn't be Captain Morgan. Still.
  • Options
    It's ridiculous SHG. But I'm the same.
    and me, tea in a Charlton mug, red and white toothbrush etc.