Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South London top team

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm with Shooters ,like or not Jackett is a good manager at this level and i think he has the nous to keep the Spanners safe and possibly looking at the top ten.

Both Friedman and SCP have started well in their managerial careers ,but are comparitively unproven .As others have said lets wait and see who is added to which squad before making an informed judgement.
  • Options
    We might be in top position of the three at present but frankly 10th in the league at this stage is unacceptable.
    Eight teams beginning with B ffs ... none in the PL where we'd be 3rd.
    Sort it out Powell!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Far too early to say, players still need to leave & be signed.

Currently we need 2 strikers to have any chance of avoiding another relegation scrap.
    I reckon we need at least one quality striker, one quality centre back and one quality centre midfield, hopefully then we will be in the right half of the table

• Options
    I would like Russell and DNG signed. Then 4-5 players to improve the squad.
  • Options
    Palace have also lost Gardner and Cline and kept McCarthy
  • Options
    Have they lost Clyne yet?
  • Options
    He is definitely going if he hasn't gone yet - Palace mate told me so.
  • Options
    Supposed to be, but it's whether someone meets the valuation they've set, they aren't going to sell for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Clyne is out of contract I think.
  • Options
    Yeah, Clyne's out of contract but they are looking into getting a development fee for him still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too early to say, players still need to leave & be signed.

Currently we need 2 strikers to have any chance of avoiding another relegation scrap.
    I reckon we need at least one quality striker, one quality centre back and one quality centre midfield, hopefully then we will be in the right half of the table.

Add a couple of wingers and a couple of full backs and we should be in the right half of the table ....if we get a quality goalie too.
  • Options
    I would like Russell and DNG signed. Then 4-5 players to improve the squad.
    Those two are not good enough, 1st division quality at best. We need to bring in better than what we already have.

• Options
    Wasn't Russell on decent money last season ? He'd be an ok squad player, but I wouldn't offer him anymore than £2/3k a week.

The main thing for me is that anyone who comes in is incentivised in the same way as last season, a medium standard wage with a big increase for promotion and decrease for relegation. If anyone is willing to pay silly money and bankrupt themselves let them do so, no one player is more important than our club (except Sone Aluko!)
  • Options
    The main thing for me is that anyone who comes in is incentivised in the same way as last season, a medium standard wage with a big increase for promotion and decrease for relegation. If anyone is willing to pay silly money and bankrupt themselves let them do so, no one player is more important than our club (except Sone Aluko!)
    Great in theory, but other clubs have greater revenue and more to spend & will offer better deals to players. You'll end up operating in the lower quarter of the league competing for those sort of players. If Powell & your scouts can pick the right players then it can work, but you get a few duds too.

• Options
    Great in theory, but other clubs have greater revenue and more to spend & will offer better deals to players. You'll end up operating in the lower quarter of the league competing for those sort of players. If Powell & your scouts can pick the right players then it can work, but you get a few duds too.

That scenario is I doubt on our five year business plan SLL.

• Options
    CAFC
    Milwall
    Palace
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    imageimage

It's been too long, but I reckon we could be top again this season.
  • Options
    Although we will finish above our rivals, will we ever beat millwall? The record is poor!