Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Ever Charlton Loan Team

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Can't help thinking borrowdale did more at left back than Jackson in their respective loans.
  • Options
    Carson

Murty Costa Perry Borrowdale

Zheng Zhi Smertin Song Jackson

Bartlett Pringle
  • Options
    Carlton Cole??
    21 games, 4 goals
    Then scored against us pretty much as soon as he went back.

• Options
    Wasn't Danny Mills on loan? Spector wasn't too bad either. I think we had David Whyte on loan as well.
    Hmm... I thought Spector was poor and I couldn't believe how often he was selected to play.
  • Options
    Smertin was brilliant the season we had him on loan, shame we didn't sign him up
  • Options
    Wasn't Danny Mills on loan? Spector wasn't too bad either. I think we had David Whyte on loan as well.
    Hmm... I thought Spector was poor and I couldn't believe how often he was selected to play.

Me too, he was bad
  • Options
    Ricky Otto had calves cut like diamonds!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Jason Lee scored against Palace.
    That's the name I was looking for - didn't he get 3 in 4 in a push for the play offs? He was a lot better than we'd been led to believe!
  • Options
    David Whyte (1st time round) was a very decent player for us.
  • Options
    Smertin was brilliant the season we had him on loan, shame we didn't sign him up
    i think it was more a case of him just deciding half way through the season to move back to russia and screw everything else
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think it was more a case of him just deciding half way through the season to move back to russia and screw everything else
    Unfair on Smertin, that one.

In actual fact, under the terms of his loan agreement Chelsea could take him back if an offer came in during the transfer window.

Dynamo Moscow (I think) made Chelsea a cash offer for him, Chelsea accepted and he was off back to his homeland.

• Options
    Martin Pringle was so exciting on loan. Not so great after he became perm.

Neil Heany for his role in our'98 promotion ?

Ws thinking exactly the same to write...then saw your post!
  • Options
    Carson, Mills, Costa, Perry, Borrowdale, Zhi, Song, Smertin, Heaney, Kitson (for his goal at Selhurst), Pringle
  • Options
    Cort and Russell have been pretty good loan signings
  • Options
    Carson

Mills Costa Perry Borrowdale

Zheng Zhi Smertin Song Jackson

Bartlett Pringle
  • Options
    Unfair on Smertin, that one.

In actual fact, under the terms of his loan agreement Chelsea could take him back if an offer came in during the transfer window.

Dynamo Moscow (I think) made Chelsea a cash offer for him, Chelsea accepted and he was off back to his homeland.

What stung for me though was that it was in the Russian transfer window which ran into February, we were therefore unable to replace him as it was outside the Premier League window.
  • Options
    Steve Stacey?
  • Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Nouble
  • Options
    The Danny Mills we got on loan was not as good as the younger Danny Mills signed from Norwich in the late 1990s. But I suppose it is difficult to think of a really good right back loanee.
  • Options
    You can not leave out Hans Jepsen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Graham Stuart start out on loan?
  • Options
    Did Graham Stuart start out on loan?
    No, signed at the same time as David Tuttle who did come on loan from Palace
  • Options
    David Whyte got to be in ahead of Pringle.
    The goal he scored against Leicester was a classic. Signed the following season and scored 20.
  • Options
    Derek Hales was on loan to Charlton initially for 3 months scoring 7 goals out of 10 games before becoming a Charlton player.Has to be the best loan signing ever.
  • Options
    Alan Kernaghan brighten up the years spent at Selhurst Park ,what a pity he went back too Middlesbrough.First class centre back.
  • Options
    Alan Kernaghan brighten up the years spent at Selhurst Park ,what a pity he went back too Middlesbrough.First class centre back.

Coaching at Brentford now. Only retired in 2006.