Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Troy Deeney

2»

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    I think if just one footballer or staff member contracts the virus or worse because of the greed of the authorities someone should be looking at “Corporate manslaughter” ? Football is an entertainment Industry, no one has suggested Theatres and cinemas return playing behind closed doors. *soap box returned under stairs*

But then TV shows like Eastenders and Top Gear WILL also be returning to work in June (with social distancing measures) so it's not as if the whole "entertainment" industry will stay completely locked down for months ahead
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I think if just one footballer or staff member contracts the virus or worse because of the greed of the authorities someone should be looking at “Corporate manslaughter” ? Football is an entertainment Industry, no one has suggested Theatres and cinemas return playing behind closed doors. *soap box returned under stairs*

But then TV shows like Eastenders and Top Gear WILL also be returning to work in June (with social distancing measures) so it's not as if the whole "entertainment" industry will stay completely locked down for months ahead
    Not sure how that’s going to work Danny Dyer ain’t really really married to the blonde lass that run the pub, like McFadden isn’t married to Dean and the two gay lads that aren’t really gay and don’t actually live together. Not that I watch it of course.... 😉
  • Options
    I dont see a game being played if the rules are adhered too as currebtly set out. 

One positive result means whole squad off for 14 days. That means another 14 days training before any games. 

Unless you lock the players into isolation and they only allowed contact with other players, the probability of any squad not having a positive test is miniscule. 

Of course, the money men will ensure those positive tests don't see daylight.
  • Options
    Six players and/or staff have tested positive at three different clubs
  • Options
    I dont see a game being played if the rules are adhered too as currebtly set out. 

One positive result means whole squad off for 14 days. That means another 14 days training before any games. 

Unless you lock the players into isolation and they only allowed contact with other players, the probability of any squad not having a positive test is miniscule. 

So you lock them away where? I can’t see even the best equipped training ground catering for 50/60 people staying for six weeks, then we have to get the players to the ground so they’d need the coach driver to stay as well. So on the assumption they can’t stay at the training ground they’ll stay at a hotel and that will need to be staffed, Etc etc.........safe to assume those that make the decision will make it via a conference call from their ivory tower.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    All well and good the players being tested twice a week, but who tests the scores of other people needed to make the games happen ? 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    T_C_E said:

So you lock them away where? I can’t see even the best equipped training ground catering for 50/60 people staying for six weeks, then we have to get the players to the ground so they’d need the coach driver to stay as well. So on the assumption they can’t stay at the training ground they’ll stay at a hotel and that will need to be staffed, Etc etc.........safe to assume those that make the decision will make it via a conference call from their ivory tower.
    Just to clarify, I didnt mean you should lock them away. 

Football should resume when society has got the pandemic under control. 

Henry Irving said:
    I read that just after i posted. Now I am sure that meant the squad should isolate. Or will they say they didnt have contact before the results came through?

Edit... I see the today's test are Stage 1. The squad lockdown on a positive test is for Stage 2, which follows contact training. 

Interesting that 3 London clubs did not return today. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Henry Irving said:
    I read that just after i posted. Now I am sure that meant the squad should isolate. Or will they say they didnt have contact before the results came through?

Edit... I see the today's test are Stage 1. The squad lockdown on a positive test is for Stage 2, which follows contact training. 

No you right, it was my term “ lock them away” but obviously you couldn’t allow them to go home between games which was why I used it. I’ve no problem with football returning when things are clear, but is it 400+ people a day currently dying that is not not under control although the number of deaths is subsiding. If one person dies in football because it in my opinion is being restarted for one reason, money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Including Watford.

P.S. that's Watford not Walford.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    So now Watford have confirmed 3 of the positive tests were them, 2 coaches and 1 player, more players have refused to train

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8337859/amp/More-Watford-stars-REFUSE-train-three-six-positive-coronavirus-tests-came-club.html?__twitter_impression=true 
  • Options
    I think it depends on how you look at it. The policy is that you should go to work if it is safe to do so. Key worker or not. I think it is much safer for footballers to go to work if the money is spent on their safety than other workers who have to go to work with far higher risk factors.
    He's putting lives before money.
  • Options
    Talk the Talk interview Troy says we were in to buy him in 2010 but chose Watford.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Henry Irving said:

No you right, it was my term “ lock them away” but obviously you couldn’t allow them to go home between games which was why I used it. I’ve no problem with football returning when things are clear, but is it 400+ people a day currently dying that is not not under control although the number of deaths is subsiding. If one person dies in football because it in my opinion is being restarted for one reason, money. 
    500+ deaths a day doesn’t sound to me the pandemic is under control unless you pander to the daily theatrical statistics!

• Options
    If there was a clamour from the public for sport so that it lifted the spirit of the nation then I suppose the PL returning could be justified. And then testing support etc could be justified. But there is no such demand as far as I can see.
    Until then Deeney is fully entitled to put his family and himself first. Even with a huge demand for football to come back he would have grounds to refuse.
    Non issue really.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    "I just said the simplest thing. I can't get a haircut until mid-July, but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and jump for a header. I don't know how that works. No one could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, but because they don't know the information.

"I just said 'If you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?'.

"I've lost my dad, my gran, my granddad... I've more or less everyone that I care about. So that, to me, is more important than a few quid in my back pocket."

Absolute class from Deeney.

Massive respect to him here. Somebody needed to say it, and I'm a little surprised more haven't chimed in. Unlike in Germany, Britain doesn't have a control over the disease and is probably just hitting its peak. Why are we doing this? I desperately want football back as a distraction. It would be really helpful for me right now. But regardless of how much they're paid, footballers are still human beings who shouldn't have to risk themselves or their families for something that is non-essential. And that's to say nothing of the club and backroom staff who aren't millionaires. The whole thing just seems preposterous to me.

Also, something that nowhere near enough people talk about when it comes to restarting sport is the fact that this disease seems like it could have longterm effects on the lungs. How severe, and for how long, if permanent, is undetermined.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    "I just said the simplest thing. I can't get a haircut until mid-July, but I can go and get in a box with 19 people and jump for a header. I don't know how that works. No one could answer the questions, not because they didn't want to, but because they don't know the information.

"I just said 'If you don't know the information, why would I put myself at risk?'.

"I've lost my dad, my gran, my granddad... I've more or less everyone that I care about. So that, to me, is more important than a few quid in my back pocket."

Massive respect to him here. Somebody needed to say it, and I'm a little surprised more haven't chimed in. Unlike in Germany, Britain doesn't have a control over the disease and is probably just hitting its peak. Why are we doing this? I desperately want football back as a distraction. It would be really helpful for me right now. But regardless of how much they're paid, footballers are still human beings who shouldn't have to risk themselves or their families for something that is non-essential. And that's to say nothing of the club and backroom staff who aren't millionaires. The whole thing just seems preposterous to me.

Also, something that nowhere near enough people talk about when it comes to restarting sport is the fact that this disease seems like it could have longterm effects on the lungs. How severe, and for how long, if permanent, is undetermined.
    that certainly isn't the case
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

that certainly isn't the case
    No you're right, I've lost track of time. It looks like, hopefully, it's passed its peak and trending downward. At least the first peak. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+death+toll+covid+19&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS760US760&oq=uk+death+toll+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l7.3271j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But you're still seeing 3k+ new cases a day, despite lockdown/quarantine, and ~500 deaths.