Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Alan Partridge

Comments

• Options
    Sat through the first episode, slept through the second and third (tried watching them again but still struggled). I'll persevere with the rest, but I can't promise I won't doze off. For me the format is a problem. The whole thing that made I'm Alan Partridge great was that each programme told a complete story in its own right. With this, there's just relentless tv studio - recorded vt - tv studio - recorded vt... it all gets a bit much. The format doesn't lend itself to other characters either. Michael, Sonia, Sophie and Ben, and the builders were all amusing in their own right and there were a host of one-off and occasional characters that would raise a laugh. This Time, Jennie is superb as a straight character, but apart from occasional interludes with Lynne there's very little else.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The bit with the dummy in the corporal punishment segment, where it flew across the hall really made me laugh, but I don’t recall much else that was particularly funny tbh.
    Still love Alan, so I will deffo be tuning in again next week, because there’s normally something great in there. And often it’s funnier with repeated viewing.  :)

• Options
    3blokes said:
    The bit with the dummy in the corporal punishment segment, where it flew across the hall really made me laugh, but I don’t recall much else that was particularly funny tbh.
    Still love Alan, so I will deffo be tuning in again next week, because there’s normally something great in there. And often it’s funnier with repeated viewing.  :)

Didn't think the first episode was particularly good but really enjoyed the next two. AP still makes me laugh and he remains an appalling character who is desperately insecure.
  • Options
    Preferring another one bites the dust to stayin’ alive when doing CPR because it’s a “pounding rock number that injects a welcome dose of realism”. Proper laughed at that.
    The awkwardness of the closing out music and phone call with the woman celebrating her 100th birthday. Different times.
  • Options
    Thought last night was better and I had a chuckle from time to time but I just don’t really fancy this series. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Much funnier this week, wind & racism, and the resuscitation sex doll with big nipples, come on Eileen, and the AP lookalike from Ireland singing ira songs, all made me lol this week 
    Hah-Hah!
  • Options
    I don't think you can claim to like Alan Partridge if you didn't Mondays offering, it actually improves with every watch! Much like Bravo Two-Zero by Andy McNabb
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Much funnier this week, wind & racism, and the resuscitation sex doll with big nipples, come on Eileen, and the AP lookalike from Ireland singing ira songs, all made me lol this week 
    I was flat out crying with laughter at the CPR bit. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    The momentary pause before he started CPR on it was genius.

" ...Don’t forget to clean the mouth."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thin ice sign cracked me up so much too
  • Options
    Accidentally caught a bit of this again this week.  Still not funny or innovative.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DA9 said:
    The momentary pause before he started CPR on it was genius.

" ...Don’t forget to clean the mouth."
    yep brilliant, add to that the middle finger sticking up and trying to push it down before he started
  • Options
    Just watched this weeks (episode 4). 
    Best one yet, miles better than last weeks imo
  • Options
    I don’t think the sidekick Simon stuff works. Just don’t find Tim key funny
  • Options
    Tim Key is great, except for when he’s doing his poetry....then he’s not great
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Feeding turf to the sheep, made me laugh.
  • Options
    I think its got funnier as its gone on. For eg tonight i laughed within a few minutes of the opening. 
    See ya later Alan
    Ok Peter
  • Options
    All been very funny so far.  Wouldn’t have said last night’s episode was as good, but still reasonably funny
  • Options
    :D The lips when he was singing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved the bleep of the word country in the library.
    Really tickled me for some reason
  • Options
    Got better as it has gone on and some of the featured parts, such as the slow walk over to Simon and his mis-functioning screen, have grown on me. This is a series which would had ticked along quite nicely if allowed to gently develop as a parody on shows such as the One Show. But it was given the bigged up treatment by the BBC with the numerous plugs about how hilarious it would be. It isn't hilarious and follows the distinctly unfunny Warren in the schedules, so comes across as a bit flat. If there is a second series I hope they do a send up of the BBC over hyping selective programmes.   
  • Options
    I love this series, Partridge is probably my favourite television character who isn't Stan's dad in South Park.

You and I, share a common Language
    When you and I, share a sausage sandwich.
    A. Partridge 1979.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Just watched it on iPlayer thought it was really funny this week  :) love the little touches like the credits have got rid of the miserable receptionist.
  • Options
    Bleeping out the word Country during the swearing segment was textbook! And "With respect i don't want my hair to look like a cross between Margret Thatcher & a brown cloud!" XD
  • Options
    Each episode is funnier than the last.
    Seeing Alan Partridge trying to be PC is hilarious and have had my LOL moments with the interplay on swear words in the British Library. Susannah Fielding makes an excellent sidekick.

"I saw a clip of Suzie Dent talking about swear words recently and ended up with a semi."

That's a soapboxsam quote not Alan Partridge.
  • Options
    Bits of it are very funny and Partridge is as cringeworthy as ever. Susannah Fielding is excellent as the co-host.
    Found the series very enjoyable.
  • Options
    Episode 5 was genius. From "Spunk up an entrance" to "Sisters are doing it for themselves", I was laughing all the way through. The series had gradually got better up until now when it really took off. Funniest programme I've watched in ages.
  • Options
    Got better as it has gone on and some of the featured parts, such as the slow walk over to Simon and his mis-functioning screen, have grown on me. This is a series which would had ticked along quite nicely if allowed to gently develop as a parody on shows such as the One Show. But it was given the bigged up treatment by the BBC with the numerous plugs about how hilarious it would be. It isn't hilarious and follows the distinctly unfunny Warren in the schedules, so comes across as a bit flat. If there is a second series I hope they do a send up of the BBC over hyping selective programmes.   

What an advert says and what you watch before it have absolutely nothing to do with how good the show is. 
  • Options
    you probably plant drugs on black boys”....”I take that back”