Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winger Jacobs turns Charlton down

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mid-table championship club.

Personally more interested in those who want to join us, rather than those who choose not to. Plenty of players have opted to go to a different club over us in the past and many will do so in the future, fact of football............................moving on.
  • Options
    Gawd, some bitter comments here.

So the guy chooses someone else, its his perogative, get over it.

Not as if he'd rung SCP and told him to eff off. He just made what he thought was the best choice for him. Whatever his reasons they were his reasons so good luck to him.
    Oh Henry, you are so sensible. Why can't we be irrational, bitter and twisted? - :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    what an absolute prick!

Can’t wait till we play them, the abuse he will get for what he said to SCP on the phone.
    Actually I doubt he will even get into the side because his massive head will stop him from boarding the coach. the Egotistical bastard!
  • Options
    Tenner says we finish above Derby this season
  • Options
    He must be crackers turning us down for Derby, I doubt Powell will be that cheesed off by it.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    Oh someone chose to play for a different club. I hope his winky falls off and Derby gets all smashed up by a giant moocow.
    Haha. Made me chuckle that.

• Options
    i like my crackers with cheese and silverskin pickled onions, not the giant pickled onions.
  • Options
    He proboably just liked Derby. I see this as similar to the Llera at Wednesday situation - join a new club and say something the fans want to hear. In Llera's case he said Jackson never scores free-kicks, Charlton are lucky and Weds are a big club, which the Wendies loved, and Jacobs joins Derby and says it's a huge club with great facilities and Prem bound, which no doubt the Derby fans will enjoy. Not going to read too much into what he's said, and I don't know anything about him so I can't really get upset about him turning us down either. I'm sure we'll get by
  • Options
    OK - Derby are quite a large club,large-ish support for this level, and they do have decent facilities so why the grief that he chose them over us?

Last year we were in the 4 biggest teams in the division and hence we were attractive to players. This year, we have to work harder to get players in as we are no longer the glamour option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not as if he'd rung SCP and told him to eff off. He just made what he thought was the best choice for him. Whatever his reasons they were his reasons so good luck to him.
    Well said. Some of the responses in this thread remind me of a certain 'massive' club in Sheffield.

Derby are a stronger club than us at the moment. Bigger stadium, better facilities, larger fanbase, stable in the Championship. No reason for us to be bitter about losing out to them.

• Options

Well said. Some of the responses in this thread remind me of a certain 'massive' club in Sheffield.

Derby are a stronger club than us at the moment. Bigger stadium, better facilities, larger fanbase, stable in the Championship. No reason for us to be bitter about losing out to them.

Not really a bitterness thing, just cementing our allegience to our club. If he (Jacobs) doesn't want to us, well then "bless him"
  • Options
    He will also be closer to Derby as he presumably lives in the Northampton area.Not worried about this one,would like to see Antonio.Was very impressed by him for the massives.
  • Options
    Cant believe he rung and told Powell to eff off, the kid is marked
  • Options

Agree there, Derby are a pretty decent club, and the surrounding areas are really nice....ie The Peak District. As someone else said maybe he wanted to stay around the midlands, may have had to considered his family etc.
  • Options

Agree there, Derby are a pretty decent club, and the surrounding areas are really nice....ie The Peak District. As someone else said maybe he wanted to stay around the midlands, may have had to considered his family etc.
    Nah, the Peaks don't hold a candle to Woolwich and Thamesmead!
  • Options
    Cant believe he rung and told Powell to eff off, the kid is marked
    Agreed. Anyone who chooses another club over us because of the manager is a racist. Fact.
  • Options
    i thought according to neil warnock we were rich. Warnock said: “Coming up, there’s Charlton, who will be strong.

“Already I’ve enquired about one particular player and I know Charlton are willing to pay a fortune for him, wages-wise, so they are obviously having a go and will maybe sign two or three on big money."

so money cant be a problem so the fact they are a closer side to where he lives is probably more like it as elthamaddick said in the keith andrews signs for bolton thread.
    derby are a bigger side.

• Options
    How professional of Warnock to disclose our business affairs.
  • Options
    How professional of Warnock to disclose our business affairs.
    I doubt Warnock knows our business.

Leeds don't have the proverbial pot to piss in, so Warnock has to conduct all his transfer business on a shoe string.

He's bound to preach to his own audience and tell them how tough it is to compete for signings.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I wouldn't believe a word Warnock says - didn't he say that Palace was his last job and he'd retire after he finished there?
  • Options
    For all we know, this guy could have been someone SCP was happy to take a punt on at a reasonable price but nothing more. It's not as if we know for sure that powelly did everything he could to get hin or that he was a main target of ours. If we were loosing out on players left, right and centre there's no way Powell would set the deadline that he did for getting players in and risk lining himself/the club up to look as though they've failed if we didn't already have a decent few in the pipeline.

I hope!
  • Options
    He didn't want to 'join our club' then

Quite a step up from Northampton to Derby, good luck to the guy but it's quite posssible he won't make it...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm sure the success or otherwise of our new season wouldn't have entirely depended on a 20 year old kid who's only ever played in the Fourth Division.

Next.