Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Finished watching No Return last night, really enjoyed it. Sheridan Smith plays the mother of a 16 year old boy arrested for sexual assault on a 15 year old boy whilst on a family holiday in Turkey.
    We enjoyed Ep 1 in the week so looking forward to the rest.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    First episode into the new Ozark series and it's not gripping me at all.

Reminded instantly of why I don't like Marty's son.
    Finished the first half of s4, not a fan at all. Completely lost its way imo, totally unbelievable storylines that make no sense. 
    Agreed. I'm all up to speed with it and will finish it as too far in now but it does seem to have gone a bit wonky.

Peaky Blinders started veeeeeeery slowly. Have since finished season 1 and will plough through most of season 2 this evening.
    Gave up on peaky Blinders after season 4 or 5

If it was 5 then you watched it all.
    Read somewhere online yesterday that Season 6 of Peaky Blinders is being worked on
  • Haven't they been advertising the final series on BBC ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Finished the first half of s4, not a fan at all. Completely lost its way imo, totally unbelievable storylines that make no sense. 
    Agreed. I'm all up to speed with it and will finish it as too far in now but it does seem to have gone a bit wonky.

Peaky Blinders started veeeeeeery slowly. Have since finished season 1 and will plough through most of season 2 this evening.

Read somewhere online yesterday that Season 6 of Peaky Blinders is being worked on
    Has got steadily worse with each series.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Has got steadily worse with each series.
    As with all programme's, very few make it past 3 or 4 seasons without going off the boil. But the studios and makers all want the money.
  • I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
  • Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Peaky Blinders... When I finished Boardwalk Empire a couple of years ago I started to watch Peaky Blinders but simply couldn't get into it. It seemed so pretentious... I guess I'm very much in the minority regarding views on this series.
    Surprised you found Peaky Blinders pretentious - it's pretty dark and grimy in the first few series. It covers an area of the UK that rarely gets featured. I loved the first few series but then for me the plot got ridiculous.
  • Jessie said:
    I've started watching Succession this week and got totally hooked. Actually I watched the first three episodes back when it was just aired in 2019. I thought the first episode was mind-blowing but somehow didn't continue as every single character in the series was so dislikable. But this time I've realised it really is GREAT. The dialogues are so well-written. Also I'm beginning to like Kendall and Shiv. And the title theme is so good that it has become an earworm for me.

Surprised you found Peaky Blinders pretentious - it's pretty dark and grimy in the first few series. It covers an area of the UK that rarely gets featured. I loved the first few series but then for me the plot got ridiculous.
    I tried twice - first when many people were praising it, probably around when the first few series was out as you mentioned. Couldn't get into it. Then after enjoying Boardwalk Empire I saw it on the "if you like Boardwalk Empire you'll also like..." list so gave it a second chance...  Still didn't like it! I felt it was completely different to Boardwalk Empire. BE was and will always be one of my all-time favourite series but Peaky Blinders is simply not my cup of tea. 😂
  • edited February 2022
    The Wayne Rooney documentary is now available on Prime. A very interesting watch, no punches pulled about the incidents in his personal life.

Apart from the long stud revelation v Chelsea, he admits he wasn't fit for the 2006 World Cup (metatarsal) and even pulled his hamstring on the first day of training and kept it a secret from the management team. Sven looked suitably perplexed. Good insight as usual from Gary Neville. 
  • edited February 2022
    Been enjoying This is Going to Hurt - I like that it's not the slightly slapstick adaptation of the book it could have been, and has a good realism and dark humour to it.

Sobering to look at how stretched and tired the NHS and it's staff look and then realise it's set a few years before Tory cuts and austerity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been enjoying This is Going to Hurt - I like that it's not the slightly slapstick adaptation of the book it could have been, and has a good realism and dark humour to it.

Sobering to look at how stretched and tired the NHS and it's staff look and then realise it's set a few years before Tory cuts and austerity.
    We've watched the whole series over a couple of nights & really loved it.

Hadn't read the book but knew a little about it from adverts etc.

Really different to anything we've watched for a long time.
  • edited February 2022
    Inventing Anna on Netflix about the fraudster Anna Sorokin is incredibly bad - awful script and acting...
  • I'm into series 4 of Yellowstone and up to date with 1883. Yellowstone is marginally my favourite of the two but 1883 is excellent as well. 

Kevin Costner acts the shit out of Yellowstone, however like with Sons Of Anarchy bits of ranch and cowboy life and machinations are covered and the rodeo scenes, horse riding in general are magnificent. Clearly a few of the actors have either done a lot of work to be as comfortable on horseback as they are and also like with Sons several of the more background characters are legit cowboys. 

Its suitably violent and has a sprinkling of tits and mancandy for the chicks as with a lot of tele series now the real badasses are the girls, Beth Dutton played unbelievably well by the female lead from Eden Lake 
  • Anyone watched the Tinder Swindler? I assumed it would be a load of crap given my girlfriend picked it, but the first 45 minutes has kept my interest (then fell asleep).
  • Finally watched it tonight, excellent stuff. the book is great, so good to see Adam Kay as executive producer on it 
  • Enjoying this series of Ozark. John-Boy Walton is all grown up now!
  • Thought Chloe was very good.
  • Pam & Tommy on Disney+ of all places. 3 episodes in and an enjoyable watch so far. Lily James is completely unrecognisable but very good as Pamela Anderson
  • Watched first episode of “No Return”……the new ‘drama’ with Sheridan Smith on ITV. It is laughably bad. 

The local Turkish lawyer character is soooooo bad he almost saves it. 
  • Watched first episode of “No Return”……the new ‘drama’ with Sheridan Smith on ITV. It is laughably bad. 

The local Turkish lawyer character is soooooo bad he almost saves it. 
    "Da boy is full of..............how you say in England?"

"Spunk"

"yes, that is it"

We still enjoyed it though however Smith does grate on me.
  • Sponsored links:

• This new Louis Theroux is already mental. 
    The internet as a tool to giving these people a platform is scary. 

Can’t say I’m surprised but it’s still shocking seeing it happen. 
  • This new Louis Theroux is already mental. 
    The internet as a tool to giving these people a platform is scary. 

Can’t say I’m surprised but it’s still shocking seeing it happen. 
    I don’t know why I watch these. They fill me with rage every time. 
  • Jessie said:

Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
  • Book of Bobba Fett was a bit of a disjointed effort. Good in places but overall I was disappointed.

Called it from the start that the lead actor was a shocking choice,and so it proved as Disney pretty much pulled Fett from most of the last 3 episodes and hoiked the Mandalorian in to try and save the show.
  • Jessie said:

Love Succession, love the shitty characters, love the theme. It's also written in South London, just down the road from us in Brixton. 
    Yeah, there was a good interview in the New Statesman with Jesse Armstrong with a picture of him in the Regent.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7v1hIkYH24

First Teaser trailer for the new "Rings of Power" Tolkien show which is being produced by Amazon prime. 

First Teaser trailer for the new "Rings of Power" Tolkien show which is being produced by Amazon prime. 
    The complete meltdown from Tolkien fans about this show is hilarious. A good number not happy that a completely fictional world has black people in it apparently.

I'm a big fan of his work but if they make reallu great show set within the same world then I don't really care about the fecking "lore". 
  • Book of Bobba Fett was a bit of a disjointed effort. Good in places but overall I was disappointed.

Called it from the start that the lead actor was a shocking choice,and so it proved as Disney pretty much pulled Fett from most of the last 3 episodes and hoiked the Mandalorian in to try and save the show.
    Agree. The whole thing had really odd story telling. It jumped all over the shop and the general budget and production value felt a bit 1990s Deep Space Nine.

Really looking forward to this, I'm a huge LotR book & film fan (although The Hobbit movies, not so much).
  • 'The Promise' .. subtitled French cops on BBC4/iPlayer ,, decent and made better by a collection  of French femme fatales