Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Riviera said:

The Mrs getting very excited by Strike which starts on Sunday BBC1. She's reading the book atm, it's one of JK Rowlings. Saw a trailer and Super Hans is in it and he looks just like....Super Hans. I simply will not be able to take his character seriously and just expect to come out with some drug infused classic line at any moment.

Yeah, series 3 (book 3) starts Sunday.

They filmed all 3 at the same time but decided to show 1 and 2 towards the end of last year and save 3 for early 2018
  • Riviera said:

Collateral anyone? I haven't watched any yet but am hopeful.

Jut watched episode 2, really like it. It's got an attitude, mind.
  • Riviera said:

the shooter............would ya ??
  • Riviera said:

Maybe trying a little too much to be 'right on' but interesring stuff.
  • btrain88 said:

Have been told to watch Sense Eight.

has anyone seen this? would you recommend?

Watched the first episode last night. It’s a bit different and has potential. Will let you know how it progresses.
  • The exorcist seiries on amazon is actually pretty good
  • Collateral second episode was ticking along nicely apart from a rather American salute by a member of HM armed services at the start. Watched the first episode of the returning Marcella and actually enjoyed it. Nice scenes of the Ladbroke Grove area. Love it when Anna Friel totally loses it, nearly kills somebody, and then can't remember it. "I'm not well" she shouts and yet still remains a working police detective.
  • Am enjoying catching up with Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon. Has lots of critical praise but seems to have slipped under the radar - I don't know anyone else who has watched it.
  • 2 episodes into Mr Robot and have been impressed so far. Also finished watching both series of All Or Nothing on amazon and second series was not as good as the first but still interesting,
  • Jints said:

Am enjoying catching up with Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon. Has lots of critical praise but seems to have slipped under the radar - I don't know anyone else who has watched it.

Watched them all, fantastic show.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m hoping that the plot unfolds to explain all of the extremely interwoven lives of the main characters in Collateral.
  • I’m hoping that the plot unfolds to explain all of the extremely interwoven lives of the main characters in Collateral.

I hope so too. My take on it is that it is weaving them together Spiral style, but whereas the Spiral characters have mainly personal issues, these characters reflect the issues and conflicts within modern Britain. That would be typical David Hare.

• Watched the whole series of Goliath on Amazon prime and I enjoyed it. Billy Bob Thornton is so watchable. They are making as second season at the moment.
  • 1StevieG said:

2 episodes into Mr Robot and have been impressed so far. Also finished watching both series of All Or Nothing on amazon and second series was not as good as the first but still interesting,

Quality TV that, wish I could watch the first season again without a clue what was going on.
  • Jints said:

Am enjoying catching up with Halt and Catch Fire on Amazon. Has lots of critical praise but seems to have slipped under the radar - I don't know anyone else who has watched it.

I've just started S2, love it. Good level of geek, good soundtrack, would recommend.
  • Watched Here & Now on Sky Atlantic last night. What a f**ked up programme. Just got my head around the family set up, black women taking a "friend" along to her dad's 60th party when her husband & child were there but then the youngest member of the family having sex whilst wearing a horses' head ! Always fancied Holly Hunter, but not sure even that attraction can hold it for me.
  • 'Lost in Space' starting in April on Netflix.
  • Valley11 said:

se9addick said:

Watched Sinners on Netflix.

So many plot holes its amazing quite how it ever got commissioned.

Ending of that was atrocious, I guess it was watchable but my wife had massively exaggerated how good it was.
    Have to admit I really enjoyed this.
    Bill Pullman was great and Jessica Biel is, well, not horrible.
    Nope I agree with t'other two.
  • Altered Carbon, Sex, Nudity, A hunt for a murderer that gets lost behind random sex and violence, difficult to follow.

Not sure I can rate it any higher than a 6/10.

Real shame as it is beautiful, it just really lacks structure and substance.
  • rina said:

I'm now 4 episodes into altered carbon. I'm still a little confused about what the hell is going on but I'm really enjoying it. his backpack is amazing

best part of the whole thing is the back pack continuity. Tempted to get one myself... Nah I'm really not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

The Mrs getting very excited by Strike which starts on Sunday BBC1. She's reading the book atm, it's one of JK Rowlings. Saw a trailer and Super Hans is in it and he looks just like....Super Hans. I simply will not be able to take his character seriously and just expect to come out with some drug infused classic line at any moment.

Lol!!!
    Had to wait to almost the end to see him but wasn't a let down. Talk about typecast! His scene was pure Super Hans, hilarious!
  • Am I alone in watching and enjoying Endeavour?
  • LenGlover said:

Am I alone in watching and enjoying Endeavour?

Nope. It's my favourite show.
  • I really enjoy the chemistry between the two main characters in Strike.
  • Sunday evening is becoming my favourite of the week since Endeavour, Strike & Homeland have returned to our screens.
  • Sunday evening is becoming my favourite of the week since Endeavour, Strike & Homeland have returned to our screens.

Strike certainly. Also has to record Life & Death Row on BBC2 as it clashed with the aforementioned.

As for Endeavour; never got into it although (and probably because) I was such a fan of Morse & Lewis. I heard the guy who plays Endeavour last week on Radio 2 & admitted that he'd never seen Morse & also very very wrongly said that Morse's first name was never mentioned an the original series...........oh dear !
  • Watched an episode of Strike last night by chance when at my parents, quite enjoyed it to be fair. Thought the main characters had good chemistry. Might have to try and catch next weeks to see how the storyline wraps up
  • Watched an episode of Strike last night by chance when at my parents, quite enjoyed it to be fair. Thought the main characters had good chemistry. Might have to try and catch next weeks to see how the storyline wraps up

Series 1 and 2 (3 episodes and 2 episodes respectively) are both still on iplayer too.
    Well worth a watch.
  • Finished Derry Girls. Loved every episode. The ending was particularly good, on the lines of Blackadder with the field of poppies.

Strike certainly. Also has to record Life & Death Row on BBC2 as it clashed with the aforementioned.

As for Endeavour; never got into it although (and probably because) I was such a fan of Morse & Lewis. I heard the guy who plays Endeavour last week on Radio 2 & admitted that he'd never seen Morse & also very very wrongly said that Morse's first name was never mentioned an the original series...........oh dear !
    The rest of the series of Life & Death Row is already up on iplayer.

I watched episode 2 on iplayer because of the clash with Strike.