Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England's 5th penalty taker

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but have they said who would have taken the 5th penalty?

Comments

• Options
    i thought we did take 5 ?
  • Options
    The Mail yesterday said it was Walcott
  • Options
    Ashley from Coronations Street
  • Options
    Lost 4-2 and missed 2. They took first.
  • Options
    your right. didnt even cross my mind we only took four.
  • Options
    Joe Hart was interviewed on Radio Five Live before the match and apparently he was down to take one. He scored for England in a penalty shootout for the U21s against Sweden in 2009.
  • Options
    I think Joe Hart would have been in line for it. And in truth, I would actually feel comfortable with him taking one ahead of one of the outfield players. Looked very assured when he took one for the U21s.
  • Options
    your right. didnt even cross my mind we only took four.
    Tbf, When they started celebrating after they scored there 5th I thought we had to go again. I was sitting there thinking we still had a chance to pull it back. Lost count myself.
  • Options
    Talksport yesterday (K&G) said it was to be Walcott. Apparently Terry was down as 9th taker!
  • Options
    Terry would have been too busy slipping into his Italy kit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have wanted Gerrard, Rooney, Carroll, Lescott and Hart to take them instead of Young and Cole
  • Options
    Why Lescott?
    Has he taken them before?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ashley Cole was right to be picked to take a pen. Unfortunately it looked like he was caught in 2 minds
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    said it so many times, Ashley Coles penaltys for England and Chelsea before sunday night have been top drawer.
  • Options
    Terry would have been too busy slipping into his Italy kit.
    LOL - superb!
  • Options
    certainly wouldn't have let Carroll have one
  • Options
    no wonder we lost if we only took 4 pens to their 5 !!! I demand a replay !!
  • Options
    You say that, but what a lot of people forget is that Carroll has an absolute thunderbolt of a left foot on him when he decides to use it.
  • Options
    It was a "thunderbolt" ala Ashley Young that started it all
  • Options
    You say that, but what a lot of people forget is that Carroll has an absolute thunderbolt of a left foot on him when he decides to use it.
    so do I, doesn't mean I'd get a pen though.

he has very little footballing ability IMO, he's a big lump and pretty decent in the air and that's it, should be nowhere near the England first 11

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Ashley Cole was right to be picked to take a pen. Unfortunately it looked like he was caught in 2 minds
    i agree..
    if young had scored his, then coles woulda probably been one of the best of the lot, straight in the top corner, hes normally a good penalty taker, but he knew he had to score so pressure was on! he used to play striker before being converted to a full back and his finishing is top drawer for a defender according to a lot of fellow players