Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Can't see Mardy Fish making the semis
  • Options
    There's only really Tsonga, Fish and Rosol now left in Nadal's "quarter" of the draw so it's one of those three in the semi-final if Murray gets there IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Poor Murray is going to be under pressure even more now to get into the final...some members of the media will just expect him to walk into it.
  • Options
    Poor Murray is going to be under pressure even more now to get into the final...some members of the media will just expect him to walk into it.
    If he ever is to become a Grand Slam winner then he will need to learn to cope with the pressure that goes with the territory.

It could just be that his poor form prior to Wimbledon will prove a blessing in disguise as the media hordes could lay off him for a round or two more.

Come on Tim Andy!
  • Options
    Watched the Nadal/Rosol match last night and apart from being delighted for Rosol who played brilliantly I was more than a little disappointed with Nadal's behaviour which for me tarnished a little his reputation for sportsmanship. My missus who is an avid tennis watcher has always said that he often verges between the lines of gamesmanship and cheating for instance you are allowed 20 seconds between points and he always takes longer. She also pointed out that he will call for a trainer when thimngs aren't going his way. I have always argued against this but last night there was a bit of that in his game and frankly it wasn't very nice.
  • Options
    Rosol's performance was other-worldy and might herald a new level in mens singles but (I dread to add) he looked as though he was on something.
  • Options
    Good to see Heather Watson winning yesterday.

I find the women's more interesting...
    Or do you mean you find Sharapova more interesting, now that I can well understand.

You know me so well! ;-)
  • Options
    Rosol will probably lose to Kohlschreiber in next round anyway.
  • Options
    Is 'The Fed' on his way out now? 2 sets to love down!
  • Options
    Murray will win it this year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is 'The Fed' on his way out now? 2 sets to love down!
    Final set now & winning 4 - 1 .

• Options
    Federer goes through in 5 sets, so close.
  • Options
    Ana Ivanovic.....yum
  • Options
    Hope Murray can distance his head from the hysteria and keep his cool.
  • Options
    Ana Ivanovic.....yum
    Ansy Murray ...yum ....not !

But hope he wins of course!

• Options
    Anyone else see that woman doing her knitting during the Murray game? Bet you don't see that at any other Grand Slam conest.
  • Options
    Ana Ivanovic.....yum
    Ansy Murray ...yum ....not !

But hope he wins of course!
    Just about to lose 2nd set...

Do you think he's upset I called him "Ansy" ?

• Options
    Anyone else see that woman doing her knitting during the Murray game? Bet you don't see that at any other Grand Slam conest.
    Yes how galling. I suspect hundreds of thousands, would love to be there, given a chance & she's sitting there doing her knitting. She's only probably late 30's as well !
  • Options
    Mind you that's what the French hags used to do whilst sitting by the guillotine so perhaps she thinks Murray's for the chop!
  • Options
    Oooh my back, oooh my ankle. Grow some balls Murray and stop the moody crap!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2012
    Just in time Andy. What a crap last set by Baghdatis though.
  • Options
    Just in time Andy. What a crap last set by Bagdahtis though.
    I think he just gave up in the end. The last game he hardly looked bothered and in a way let Murray win the last set. Up to that point Bagdathis had given Murray a good match.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Good win for Murray. Thought Baghdatis might pull something out but it didn't happen. After the third round games, Murray's potential route now looks like this:

R4: Cilic, QF: Del Potro/Ferrer, SF: Tsonga/Fish, F: Djokovic/Federer
  • Options
    QF will be the problem round to the final I think. He'll beat Cilic who's just been through a marathon and he has the beating of Tsonga in my opinion.
  • Options
    Agree. Think Ferrer will win it this year.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Tim Andy came through in the end but, and I truly hope to be proved wrong, he's too flaky mentally under pressure to go all the way.

He got away with it against a talented but relatively unfit opponent. He won't against someone both talented and fit.
  • Options
    Agree. Think Ferrer will win it this year.
    Really? I can't see anyone but Djokovic winning it. Tsonga is playing well but is inconsistent.

• Options
    Speed tennis against the clock certainly adds another dimension...
  • Options
    Speed tennis against the clock certainly adds another dimension...
    Helps if your opponent rolls over though ;-)