Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gomez to Blackburn?

Nuno Gomez to Blackburn apparantly? Sure hes about 45 now! Might still do a job at this level tho, one to watch

Comments

• Options
    Will be easy to watch - he is slow now - and with Danny murphy in midfield - looks like Blackburn are going for youth
  • Options
    Murphy will tear the Championship up I suspect - very astute signing. If he has a young gun doing his donkey work then his passing ability will be a cut above anything else in the division
  • Options
    Murphy will tear the Championship up I suspect - very astute signing. If he has a young gun doing his donkey work then his passing ability will be a cut above anything else in the division
    not so sure he will be able to play 46 games a year and stay injury free. The money he must be on i can only see this as a gamble.
  • Options
    Murphy, Gomes and Leon Best are three very decent signings.
  • Options
    Gomez is 36 now signing a two year deal with Blackburn.
  • Options
    not so sure he will be able to play 46 games a year and stay injury free. The money he must be on i can only see this as a gamble.
    He played 43 games last season
  • Options
    He played 43 games last season
    a year older and a much more physical league this year with a 2 games in a week.
  • Options
    on probably a combined £70k @ week....a massive gamble, they clearly need to go straight back up

• Options
    on probably a combined £70k @ week....a massive gamble, they clearly need to go straight back up

I can see them in league one in the next few years.
  • Options
    Blackburn will struggle badly this season. 3 players whose main priorities were their signing-on bonuses. I guess now they can put their feet up and relax, eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackburn will challenge for promotion if they don't go up then next year POP goes the chicken
  • Options
    West Ham's wage bill last season was obscene, but the rewards for them now are great. However, a gung-ho approach to Championship football does not always work, as we can testify.
  • Options
    Their wage bill will be sky high. If they don't go up this season I can see them running into financial trouble very fast even with Venkys backing them.
  • Options
    Murphy will struggle as his playing style is more suited to the premier league. His PL teammates compliment his playing style too.
    Plenty of teams would have taken him e.g. Southampton.

Why the step down to an unsecure relegated team murphs?

• Options
    I'm looking forward to the Blackburn fixtures. I hate everything about Blackburn, but the games will be a big test.
  • Options
    Opened this thinking great indie band Gomez were playing a gig at Ewood!!

As for Gomes, will never forgive him after I backed him for top scorer at one tournament. He was brilliant in the qualifiers and then the worst striker I had ever seen in the big games!! He'll probably score against us now!! :(