Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

company accounts questions

I'm sure someone will ne able to help me here.

For a private company such as Charlton Athletic Football Company Ltd, is there a requirement to submit annual accounts to Companies House ?

What period would the most recent annual accounts cover ?

How long after the period do the accounts have to be submitted by ?

Would the.level of detail on the.accounts be the same as a public company ?

Would the subsidiary companies such as Baton and Cafc Holdings have to go through the same process ?

Are these accounts accessable to Joe Public from Companies House for a fee ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Whoooooo, this is getting serious Bart!!!!
  • Options
    Yes there is a requirement. They have to submit them 9 months from their year end. They can submit abbreviated accounts which usually just show very basic details. That's an in short reply AFKA!
  • Options
    Companies have a year end date - my current company year end is May, my previous company it was October, so to answer the question as to what period the accounts cover, it depends on when the company year end is.

Some information will be available from Companies House, but not as much as for a plc.

Other than that I can't help.
  • Options
    Thanks chaps

I see that the 6/11 annual accounts were submitted 9mths to the day in 2/12.

Has anybody viewed these accounts ?
  • Options
    That's an in short reply AFKA!
    No need to get personal
  • Options
    Don't know exactly what you're looking for/expecting to see, but the key financials are all here:

http://www.duedil.com/company/01788466/charlton-athletic-football-company-limited/financials

Caveat: Obviously this information is provided by an outside company, so has to be read accordingly. The only way to guarantee it was correct would be to pay Companies House for a copy of the accounts. But to me, the info given looks reasonable and in line with my expectations.
  • Options
    Don't tell Goonerhater, he'll explode : - )
  • Options
    Check out New York Addick's blog - he did a big article on the last accounts - second article down:

newyorkaddick.blogspot.co.uk/

Some interesting info in there re debts/ interest payments falling due on promotion - might be what's behind some of the current hassle?

Also note that he wrote it on Friday 13th - make of that what you will...
  • Options
    A company with no more than 50 employees may file abbreviated accounts if they satisfy one of two tests (turnover below £6.5m or a balance sheet total of no more than £3.26m), so I think we'd have to file a full set.
  • Options
    Yes i have a copy on my desk got to run now tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting the turnover is down on the previous year considering the ticket sales.
  • Options
    Interesting the turnover is down on the previous year considering the ticket sales.
    If you are referring to the NYA blog info, then that is for the season before last ie July 2010 to June 2011, so no wonder ticket sales and turnover were down. Last season's won't have been filed yet - in fact, the financial year has only just ended, so it will be c nine months before they are available.

• Options
    The 30th June 2011 accounts,according to Companies House were available to order on the 2nd March 2002.So as Weegie states will be available in 9 months.
  • Options
    From New York Addicks blog :-

"The aforementioned £1.5m is working capital provided by Murray, and appears to be repayable upon promotion to the Championship. "

Perhaps that explains where the S/T money went. Repaying a loan from Richard Murray ?