Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrorism

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
Another 6 arrests in London today and a coach stopped on the M6 en route London by armed plod and Bomb disposal squad.

All in the lead up to 7/7 anniversary and the Olympics...

Comments

• Options
    Hate to say it but my guess is that there will be more to come....question is can/will we get them all???
  • Options
    The answer is to deport any KNOWN terrorists or people with terrorist affiliations AND to make sure that they don't get back into the UK. If anyone is found to have snuck back after deportation then they should get a life sentence, NO parole.
  • Options
    They should get a life sentence in their own countries, no parole. I know human rights come in to it but what about our human rights? Surely we have a right to get the bus without someone trying to blow us up.
  • Options
    I wish it was as easy as that.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The answer is to deport any KNOWN terrorists or people with terrorist affiliations AND to make sure that they don't get back into the UK. If anyone is found to have snuck back after deportation then they should get a life sentence, NO parole.
    If they come from countries within the EU we have no right to deport them...

Conversely terrorists from other EU countries have every right to pop over and we have no right to stop them
  • Options
    No facts known, and suspect they are all British nationals.

The bus one sounds a bit of a mix up to me. Not being funny, if you were going to make a bomb, you wouldn't do it on a public bus at 60mph on a motorway. More chance of someone pouring out a soup !
  • Options
    it'd be easier to shoot 'em .. but I am against capital punishment. Agreed, the world is a complicated place but terrorism is not acceptable in as free and as liberal a country as ours, warts and all.
  • Options
    This. Glad that they got caught and it's something I try not to think about.

• Options
    Have you never watched Speed!
  • Options

The bus one sounds a bit of a mix up to me. Not being funny, if you were going to make a bomb, you wouldn't do it on a public bus at 60mph on a motorway. More chance of someone pouring out a soup !
    if it was national express then they would have barely been doing 30
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if it was national express then they would have barely been doing 30
    It was the toll bit of the M6. National Express plebs wouldn't be allowed on there
  • Options

Conversely terrorists from other EU countries have every right to pop over and we have no right to stop them
    More reason to get out the EU!
  • Options
    I know so do I, What I said will never happen. It's just what I want to happen.
    Have you never watched Speed!
    Speed is a great film! I thought of speed when I heard this.

AFKA I think they are all British nationals. The youngest to be arrested was 18 according to the BBC.
  • Options
    it was a Megabus.
  • Options

British nationals or not, anyone commiting or supporting terrorism has no right to be called 'British'. As was said on here recently, Jesus was born in a stable, that does not make him a horse. I hope you can understand the analogy. If anyone feels a greater affiliation with a country or culture other than Britain then 'Human Rights' dictate that they should be given the opportunity to live in said country and under said 'culture'

• Options
    so it was a smoking liquid being poured on a megabus

Irn-bru?
  • Options
    I can see where this is going.
  • Options
    we've not had a good ol political/Human writes row for ages
  • Options
    To the Peter Varney thread?

Ducks and weaves past several right hooks!!!!!

• Options

More reason to get out the EU!
    Yes indeed and NOW !! Especially as the Euro is about to fail and we will soon see an influx of EU Nationals here looking for a "better life". Even though 'Dave' has a plan to prevent this of course.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

And we are not going to have one now.
  • Options

And we are not going to have one now.
    OK Bwana
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    hang em all just in case.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the Olympics and have tickets but I am also concerned about the terror threat as has been said more times than enough the police and security services have to be right every time this mob just have to get lucky once. Would not be against detention until their credentials have been checked the safety of the majority outweighs their human rights I am afraid
  • Options
    I have a sneaky feeling that there will be dozens of arrests over the next few weeks, using some rather obscure detention legislation maybe.......or pulling them in for a few days 'for questioning' and then 'having' to release them.....but at least it will show them they are being watched.
  • Options
    No One needs to worry about the Olympics

Unless your on a plane flying over London

And some crazy mo fo shoots a surface to air missile at you and blows your plane out of the sky

• Options
    Appears the guy on the coach is no longer a "terrorism incident" according to the police.

Shame he's already been shot and deported (despite being a UK Citizen) but I'm sure he'll understand the need to crack down on these types of people.

: - (
  • Options
    You'd think people would learn. All sorts of new powers were given to the police and politicians to "deal with these sort of people". How are they used? Well let's see, anti-terrorism powers are used against football fans, online file sharers, and pretty much any group other than terrorists!

If we give powers to hold and deport with no need for judicial oversight, evidence, etc. who do you think it will be used against? Terrorists or whistle-blowers? Terrorists or football fans? Terrorists or people who don't like the way big business operates?
  • Options
    Better safe than sorry
  • Options
    Better safe than sorry
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!