Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Indian Takeaways/carryoots

edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
I was in India last week, realised that my normal Friday curry is nt very authentic. We normally got to a taste of raj in Blackheath Any other ideals locally?

Comments

• Options
    I always go S3 in welling, probably too far for you.
  • Options
    The Everest, just round the corner is very good, imo.

My girlfriend is Indian so I get home cooked Indian food every week (from her mum actually) and you're right, it's not much like the restaurant stuff. It's much better.

I took my girlfriend to the Taste of Raj once. They beat her with sticks and made her build a complex railway system.

Boom boom!
  • Options
    Ghandis spice in Crayford is my choice. Very very good and priced very well
  • Options
    If you want good south indian then Taste of Lewisham.
  • Options
    I live in Gravesend & the Meopham Tandoori is the best indian takeaway I have ever had. Don't use any other now!
  • Options
    Eden palace Dartford.
  • Options
    I like the eltham cafe opposite the old welcome inn
  • Options
    I always go S3 in welling, probably too far for you.
    in Falconwood to be precise (we have to big it up)

my local

often have in and out there

lovely

:)
  • Options
    I like the eltham cafe opposite the old welcome inn
    It's Cafe Eltham but it's my choice too.

• Options
    If you dont mind travelling a little way, Tayaab's and Needoo in Whitechapel are outstanding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh yes. Tayaab's and a bag of tinnies from the offy over the road.
  • Options
    Oh yes. Tayaab's and a bag of tinnies from the offy over the road.
    Coveniently my office is within 100 yards of both of them so both get frequented at lunchtimes and after work on a regular basis :-)

• Options
    Forgot to say I am vegetarian too so some creativenveggie options would be great
  • Options
    Ruchis. Albany park. Doggies titties although that's not vegetarian
  • Options
    Never liked takeaway Indian, too much gee (sic) sitting on the bottom of the tray when you unpack and it all, prefer to sit down in a restaurant for a ruby, my favourite is Green Spice in Darenth.

Actually, if you have sex with a chinese woman, do you want another one half an hour later?
  • Options
    Argy Bhaji in Crawley is fantastic, the £5 'Walk-In' offer is the best.
  • Options
    uptown, Tayaab's is now best for me, used to be the Lahore on Umberston St but they've ruined it by constantly extending and are miserable as 'kin sin. (Muslim owned but own an off licence next door....)

Locally, S3, at The Green at Falconwood is top quality, Darjeeling at Falconwood Station is also good.

"Welcome to Falconwood, the Curry Capital of SE London."
  • Options
    My favourites are:

Green spice in longfield
    Kent curry house in dartford
    British raj in crayford
    S3 in falconwood

Never had a bad experience in any of these.
  • Options
    The Coriander by Westcombe Park Station is absolutely fantastic, slightly better if you eat there rather than get the takeaway though.
  • Options
    As well as tayabbs and the Lahore kebab house, theres loads of great south Indian places in tooting. Ganapati in peckham is also very authentic goan/keratin, although the head chef is an englishwoman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you're stuck in a jam at J9 of the M25 nip off into Ashtead and visit The Mogul Dynasty: highly recommended.
  • Options
    Panas Gurkha on Lee high road is good.

Highly rated on all the restaurant websites
  • Options
    The Coriander by Westcombe Park Station is absolutely fantastic, slightly better if you eat there rather than get the takeaway though.
    Strange we did not like it vegetarian options very bland. Prefer royal Nepalese
  • Options
    Ah really? Whenever I go my mum who is vegetarian often comes and she absolutely loves it. Panner Shashlik (sp?) and vegetable biryani are her two favourites.
  • Options
    Ah really? Whenever I go my mum who is vegetarian often comes and she absolutely loves it. Panner Shashlik (sp?) and vegetable biryani are her two favourites.
    maybe should give it another go love paneer shashlik
  • Options
    Not sure about veg options but the Madhuwan on Bromley Hill is really good.
    The do a few venison dishes that are fantastic.
  • Options
    If you ever want to go for an Indian meal for a special occasion the Babur Brasserie in Brockley (try saying that after a few) has some fantastic food. The Chicken Biryani I had in there was the best I have ever had. Very traditional though so don't turn up expecting Chicken Tikka Masala with a side of chips!!!
  • Options
    Muhutmas, avery hill / bexley road, top drawer
  • Options
    Green spice in longfield.
    The Everest in Blackheath.
  • Options
    The Raj Dhani in West Kingsdown is very good as is the Raj of India in Swanley