Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holiday Booking for an unborn child

DA9DA9
edited July 2012 in Not Sports Related
Scenario, want to book holiday for June next year, baby not due until late December, hotel is popular and may lose it otherwise, Anyone ever done this, and how? getting varying opinions and answers via google.

Thanks lifers

Comments

• Options
    My friends just been through the same thing. BA wouldn't book flights for him before the childs birth, but the package operator (Kenwood) was able to do so.
  • Options
    You would only need to have a cot added to your room and most hotels will do this with little notice / fuss. It would be highly unusual for a hotel to charge anything for children under three but you can easily check that with them.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2012
    You would only need to have a cot added to your room and most hotels will do this with little notice / fuss. It would be highly unusual for a hotel to charge anything for children under three but you can easily check that with them.
    The hotel place is free for the baby, some have said you can book it under "Baby" then surname, and amend it later, dont think the hotel will be the issue, but its a package thing and the airline might need full name, DOB and passport number etc.
  • Options
    My friends just been through the same thing. BA wouldn't book flights for him before the childs birth, but the package operator (Kenwood) was able to do so.
    Kenwood...did they throw it in the mix? (I'll get me coat)

• Options
    This is on the Thomson website - I imagine it is similar to other holiday companies.
    Or if you are just booking a hotel, then am sure you can just request a cot without giving additional details.

I wish to book a family holiday in advance, even though my baby has not yet been born. How do I book without knowing my baby's date of birth?If you wish to book a holiday before your baby is born please contact our Thomson Call Centre on 0871 231 4691 (Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras). This holiday cannot be booked online, as our website requires the date of birth of each passenger before the booking can be completed. Alternatively, you may wish to visit your local Thomson shop to book your holiday. Find your nearest Thomson shop.

• Options
    This is on the Thomson website - I imagine it is similar to other holiday companies.
    Or if you are just booking a hotel, then am sure you can just request a cot without giving additional details.

I wish to book a family holiday in advance, even though my baby has not yet been born. How do I book without knowing my baby's date of birth?If you wish to book a holiday before your baby is born please contact our Thomson Call Centre on 0871 231 4691 (Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras). This holiday cannot be booked online, as our website requires the date of birth of each passenger before the booking can be completed. Alternatively, you may wish to visit your local Thomson shop to book your holiday. Find your nearest Thomson shop.

Cheers for this, will check out the first choice website for similar.

• Options
    Thomson and First Choice are same company so should be similar.
    Find the relevant holiday online and then phone them up - should price match the online price and you can discuss the baby issue.
  • Options
    Thomson and First Choice are same company so should be similar.
    Find the relevant holiday online and then phone them up - should price match the online price and you can discuss the baby issue.
    Very helpful, appreciated MOL

• Options
    My son has just had the same situation arise, holiday was booked for next month. Our Grandaughter arrived last thursday : )
    I saw the booking forms for the hotel and flights, lots of TBC's on there Baby's name/sex/age should go, but they never had any problems other than that.
  • Options
    Keep the baby very well hydrated, and drinking during take off to equalise the ears.
    Then there is the entertainment which must be babies favourites.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If breast feeding, then feeding during take-off landing is a great way to prevent any ear/pressure related problems.
  • Options
    If breast feeding, then feeding during take-off landing is a great way to prevent any ear/pressure related problems.
    I got thrown off doing this, although we had no children with us at the time.

• Options
    Be careful DA9 my daughter was flying with BA to Portugal in June a couple of years ago. The out flight was fine but on the way back at Lisbon airport the check in lady asked when her baby was due and found out it was September she refused to let them on the flight as they didn’t have a doctors letter. After much trauma not to mention distress as it was a Sunday her husband managed to get them transferred to a TAP flight (they have business class tickets luckily) but at no time were they informed of this by BA and the fact that she was allowed to fly 10 days before didn’t seem to cut any ice.

You don’t mind rules as long as they applied evenly
  • Options
    Pretty much every airline will refuse to fly anybody over 28 weeks pregnant. The airlines T&Cs will explicitly state their policy on this. You'll probably find it was an oversight on the outbound flight, or that the cut-off point fell between the 2 dates, and it wasn't picked up by the staff at the outbound check-in.
  • Options
    Be careful DA9 my daughter was flying with BA to Portugal in June a couple of years ago. The out flight was fine but on the way back at Lisbon airport the check in lady asked when her baby was due and found out it was September she refused to let them on the flight as they didn’t have a doctors letter. After much trauma not to mention distress as it was a Sunday her husband managed to get them transferred to a TAP flight (they have business class tickets luckily) but at no time were they informed of this by BA and the fact that she was allowed to fly 10 days before didn’t seem to cut any ice.

You don’t mind rules as long as they applied evenly
    cheers, but baby due this december, holiday not until next year.

• Options
    Congrats for December da9
  • Options
    Request a bassinet seat too, if possible (some planes don't have these - depending on model).
  • Options
    And what exactly is a bassinet seat if you're.not Australian? I'm off on holiday on Friday and now concerned that I should have contacted Virgin to order one
  • Options
    Congrats for December da9
    Cheers Nolly
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hugo, Cot seat? Baby bed seat?
    No matter what, it was called 'bassinet' on the Malaysian plane too, so not too sure if it's only a Strayan term.
    The baby seemed to like it. Slept for 10 hours non-stop.
    Shame she's too old and big now for a bassinet seat. Now we're instead using Rohypnol, if flight time is more than 15 mins.