Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

for 'City Addicks' southeastern reherseal (Cluster F***) for Olympic 2012 - TOMORROW!

Comments

• Options
    Let's hope it's more organised than during the Thames Pageant then, when the whole system seemed to be just one poor bloke with a loud hailer!
  • Options
    was told it affects Cannon Street but can't tell so far from that what
  • Options
    ah here you go

Tuesday 10 July Olympics rehearsal

Changes affecting Cannon Street station:
    Access controls at entry/exit points
    A queueing system will be in place

Please allow extra time for your journey.
  • Options
    was told it affects Cannon Street but can't tell so far from that what
    Affecting all London stations, but mainly London Bridge. I picked up a leaflet at Cannon Street last week, which says:

"On Tuesday 10th July 2012, we are rehearsing plans for the Olympic Games.

Please allow additional time to complete your journey."

AND THAT'S IT! Some helpful/useful information might have been good, but seeing as it's Southeastern, that was obviously beyond their capabilities :-)

London Bridge is no exit into bus station area, only towards Hays Galleria/Tooley Street.

• Options
    Tuesday 10 July Olympics rehearsal

Changes affecting Cannon Street station:
    Access controls at entry/exit points
    A queueing system will be in place

Please allow extra time for your journey.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    they did it for the jublie an all. the main entry was closed. just seemed pointless and unnecessary, but I'm sure they know better.
    actually thinking about i do know why they did it, its so the tourists know which way to go so they don't fath about trying to find the exit and it helps when you got f all staff on to cope so they close the main station.
  • Options
    should be fun, looking forward to fighting my way down to the Jubilee line
  • Options
    What's a "reherseal (Cluster F***)". Is that like a flash mob getting down and dirty?
  • Options
    Travel news this morning says it's also affecting Victoria.
  • Options
    Broken down train at Nunhead - all Victoria services are suspended (from Dartford at least).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got into hammersmith via victoria no problem
  • Options
    Just got in. Changed at London Bridge for a Cannon Street train. That was fine. At Cannon Street most of the station seemed closed and they were funnelling you towards the stairs out. Was OK at that time in the morning but I reckon it'll take a few minutes to get out when rush hour really kicks in.
  • Options
    My cs train from Falconwood seems slightly less busy than normal, dreading getting there tho its usually pretty busy by about 850
  • Options
    London Bridge was fine, if a bit inconvenient having to exit via the subway rather than turning left into the bus station area. Not sure what it might be like with a couple of thousand extras.
  • Options
    Leaves on the line at St Johns...
  • Options
    They do it all he time at Charing Cross, for the Jubilee and NYE most recently, they put fencing all along the front and funnel you all the way along Strand down to Adam Street and back up again to Villiers Street, but then they force you back up to the main entrance and close off all the side entrances and subways
  • Options
    So, London Bridge this morning was one bloke with a loud hailer, but this time backed up by a couple of others wearing hi-viz and a few coppers standing around watching! Took a few minutes extra to get out the station but then I got an earlier train just to avoid the major crowds. Think it will be the same this evening going home so I'll probably take the excuse to get away early.

It has made me more certain that there is no way I'm coming in during the Olympics. Very claustrophobic when you're stuck in the tunnels/subways with hundreds of people around you EEK!!!
  • Options
    Cannon street consisted of funnelling those leaving down a narrow route, you would think they have a larger funnel going out than in wouldn't you.

Only one train in when i got there, I can see it being very crushed with more than one coming in at a time which there often is
  • Options
    The main problems will be tonight getting home. Charin x just had two exits closed but think tonight will be a pain
  • Options
    I'm leaving early, to test the staggered leaving times theory..

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's hope it's more organised than during the Thames Pageant then, when the whole system seemed to be just one poor bloke with a loud hailer!
    It's a woman this time :)

• Options
    Predictable mess at London Bridge. Whenever they try an organise some kind of reaction they make things worse and cause chaos
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I was interviewed by the sub-Standard coming out of London Bridge this morning - they were asking views on the rehearsals.. They took my name, age, occupation & a photo, so might be in tonight's issue..

London Bridge's approach seems to be to close off 2 of the exits (the main one that leads out to the concourse, and the one to the bridge over Tooley Street) and funnel everyone thru the 1 exit that heads towards london bridge itself. While this does stop people weaving around each other at the bottom of the ramps, and creates a single flow, but I'd question how this will scale up when there's supposed to be 1000s more passengers...
  • Options
    Glad I ain't working in the city anymore, it's going to be a real pain over the next month or so.
  • Options
    cannon street was fine at around 8:15 this morning but can imagine going home to be a pain in the arse
  • Options
    cannon street was fine at around 8:15 this morning but can imagine going home to be a pain in the arse
    Your fella still being too rough?
  • Options
    It was absolutely fine this morning at 9am too. No problems at all. will see what its like later.

The one to avoid will be London Bridge during the Olympics. Always get a seat on my line at Cannon Street.

• Options
    Your fella still being too rough?
    yep, sendy has a real nasty streak........

• Options
    Ha ha.
  • Options
    It was absolutely fine this morning at 9am too. No problems at all. will see what its like later.

The one to avoid will be London Bridge during the Olympics. Always get a seat on my line at Cannon Street.

Well, the question is what will they do with Canon Street if they're making London Bridge exit only and running all the Platform 8-16 trains out of Canon St/Charing X. It'll not be good.